No show bad review?

Answered!
Alex23
Level 2
Cantanhede, Portugal

No show bad review?

Hello all

I would like to know if you had any experience of a no show host that after left you a bad rating.

They confused the dates and the ones they proposed were already taken. I also explained that it wasn't possible to get their money back, since we have a strict policy and they only noticed on the same day they were supposed to arrived, when we contacted them.

I don't think it's fair that they could give a rating, since they never been to our place...

Thank you all in advance and Merry Christmas!

1 Best Answer

Hey @Alex23,

Airbnb told me they would reach out to you and get this fixed.  Did they?  Please update!

Cheers

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

View Best Answer in original post

18 Replies 18
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

I don't know what star rating they gave you but their written review was honest: We got our dates confused and lost our money.  They seem to be taking responsibility for their error.  I wouldn't worry about it .  You've got so many good reviews, their review will soon fall down and off the page. You might consider a public reply that says something to the effect that you are sorry they didn't arrive on the scheduled reservation date and that the date they thought they had reserved was already booked by another guest.  Or, maybe just let it go and not bring attention to it. Just a thought.  

The star rating can have a huge impact if they left a low star review.

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Alex23,

If a guest does not stay at your place, they cannot leave a review.  Contact Airbnb and they will likely remove the review.

Merry Christmas!

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

How do we contact Airbnb? can't find customer service info anywhere on the website.

Do you see the "Search the Community" bar above? Click on it and type in "How to contact Airbnb"? You will find the information you seek there.

David

Unfortunately they asnwered that there is nothing they can do.

It really does matter because I was counting on a good rating to become a Superhost and she gave me 3* on everything, eventhough she never stayed at my place 😞

I think it's really unfair and am very disappointed...

Hi @Alex23,

This frustrates me so much that I have posted it on Twitter in hopes the right people at Airbnb will correct this for you.  Hopefully someone will contact you shortly.

Dave

David

Hey @Alex23,

Airbnb told me they would reach out to you and get this fixed.  Did they?  Please update!

Cheers

Dave

David

@Dave-and-Deb0

Hello Dave

Yes they did and it looks like it's finally gone. Thanks a lot for your support!

Wish you a wonderful day ahead!

Alex

I see your response is from 2015, but Airbnb is giving me the runaround about this today.  The guest never showed up, they should not be able to review. 

Cheyne0
Level 1
Byron Bay, Australia

Hi, I also had a guest do a No Show and leave a 1 star review. How can I get it removed?

@Cheyne0 Guest who never arrive for their reservations are not supposed to leave a review.  Contact Airbnb and explain the situation and hopefully they will remove it. 

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165/highligh...

This happened to us and customer service wont remove the 1 star review.   It's a non refundable booking.  Can you help us please?

Linda and David Moore
Pritesh0
Level 2
Goa, India

Thets a valid point, they should not be allowed to rate or review a place and host they have stayed in. And if they say they did it by mistake Airbnb sends email texts of the same booking. How it can be possible for them not to pay attention to it; and realise they have erred with dates.