No show bad review

Stephen529
Level 2
Vienna, Austria

No show bad review

Hi, this is my first post here.

Ive been a Super Host now for 18 months in the centre of Vienna. 

Ive now encountered my first significant problem with a No Show who has left 1 star reviews across the board.

It is beyond me how Airbnb can allow someone to review a property’s cleanliness for example when they haven’t stepped foot in the apartment ! Airbnb talk about ‘honesty’ when in fact they are supporting dishonesty. It’s scandalous.

24 Replies 24
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Any idea why the guest cancelled?  You should also be able to review the guest.  Did you?   During the last Q and A with Air BNB, this concern was acknowledged as unfair.   You might have a conversation with an Air BNB rep to see if the review meets content policy or it can be removed.   Here is a link for contacting Air BNB

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

Thank you Linda. Just this second sanity has returned and the review has been removed !!

What are these Levels ? I see I’m level 1 and you are 10 !! :)) Does this mean I’m a lesser human being 😋:frowning_face:

Hi @Stephen529 ,

the more posts You publish here on this Community Center the higher You move up in levels.

Don't worry, You're an ok. human being.

Phew. Good to know Ute

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Stephen529, in case you many not be aware, when you respond to a guest's review it shows up on your listing page as a public response. All future guests can read these responses so you needn’t mention the private feedback. And potential guests cannot see the individual star ratings left by guests, only the written review.

Thank you Emilia. Yes of course I'm aware of this 

Patrick502
Level 1
Gibraltar

Hi I have read your post and I think it’s a   Outrageous abuse of the system when we work so hard to become a super host and you get one guest that Takes away what we’ve worked so hard for

Chris168
Level 2
Palmerston North, New Zealand

Totally agree! I've talked with Airbnb about something similar to this and they aren't interested. Seems guests have all the power here.

Stephen529
Level 2
Vienna, Austria

Thank you Patrick. Fortunately the review has been taken down. 

I have a pending guest review from a no-show. The system is waiting on my reply.  I guess her review will go LIVE onto my listing in 3 days.  How did you get Airbnb to remove it?  I am so so upset about this.  She complained that I didn't accomodate her request to check in 3 hours early, the same time my current guest was checking out.  SMH.  I am getting the run around at Airbnb.  It is a textbook cancellation. She messaged me at 1:30 AM to let me know she wasn't coming. Just WOW! Who did you have to talk to?

Has she written the review?  Have you written yours? 

I suggest you quote this thread...tell Airbnb you will suspend all future bookings unless this no show review is removed. 

How did you manage it?

Chris1369
Level 2
Morsang-sur-Orge, France

You should be happy.

What Can i Say myself.

I will Never be superhost.

Because i m not in Paris.

I have many five stars.

But allways tree fir the location.

Because i m in the surburb of Paris 

Guests allways say that thé Price IS 

Excellent because im almost and ofen the cheapest in my area.

But many people wants to come to my appartment

Because many people have not much Money.

And i m here for them to travel and see Paris.

I clean during 3 hours and they don t say its clean.

I work hard too.

Without recognition.