No support for guest breaking rules without video/pictures inside unit

Jake69
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

No support for guest breaking rules without video/pictures inside unit

So Airbnb for the second time seems to change policy as they go I’ve had to escalate every request I ask from guest ranging from extra guest fees, smoke fees, and damaging and stealing property. Anyone else experience this they have told me that since I’ve had previous claims where I have evidence before and after pictures that I now have to provide them with video or pictures of the guest commuting such acts when they deny or don’t respond. Kicker is how can you without cameras throughout your unit in which would be a grave invasion of privacy?

2 Replies 2
TracieandJason0
Level 8
Philadelphia, PA

@Jake69  I'm sorry for your trouble. Airbnb support seems to be very hit or miss with how helpful they can be. The only way I've found them to be helpful is only when I have already figured out a resolution with the guest to which we both agree and Airbnb simply has to just facilatate the resolving the issue.  I've found that if there is a disagreement, they will usually side with the guest.

As for the camera, you can look into buying one. You will have to double check with your city but I believe you can have a non-audio recording security camera in shared spaces such as living room.

These are usually guest that doesn’t even respond to attempts to try an handle it and cameras in shared areas want help if they are breaking rules all over home plus I myself wouldn’t book a place with camera inside unit and my place is not a shared unit all of my units are entire spaces that are listed but thanks for you feedback.