No text notifications suddenly fixed but weird

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

No text notifications suddenly fixed but weird

So I have been having a month long messaging dialogue with an airbnb support person re no longer getting text notifications of booking requests. Hadn't gotten one for almost 2 months, which meant I missed a 24hour response rate on a couple of inquiries and booking requests. Support person said to provide an alternate phone number (after suggesting what I considered to be a few intelligence -insulting suggestions, like check to make sure my text message inbox wasn't full-duh)

I did provide an alternate number (my neighbor's- how many people have 2 cell phone numbers?)

Support person said I would be notified by email when they fixed the glitch. No email, but tonite got my first text notification in 2 months! Will be interested to see if it continues, I sure hope so. I relied on these, as I do not have unlimited internet, therefore would fire up my laptop when I got a text notification so as to respond within the 24 hours.

6 Replies 6

@Sarah977 - Do you use the App on your phone or only the text messages? 

Text messages. I don't use a smart phone (I know that's unheard of these days), therefore no apps.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Sarah977,

Thanks for the update on receiving text messages. Fingers crossed this is the first of many and it is fixed for you. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Lizzie, the support person said he was giving me a $35 travel credit for the inconvenience and hassle of not receiving text messages for 2 months. However, I can't find this credit anywhere on my account. What's up with that?

Susan95
Level 2
Britt, MN

Sarah, your text problem has moved to me.  No text message with a reservation request, but did receive an "expired reservation request after 24 hours" message from airbnb today.  The airbnb message also informed me to "make these dates available to accept other reservations".  What?  These dates were not blocked.  Definitely some glitches in the system.

Kent76
Level 2
Jacksonville Beach, FL

I’m having the same issue here. Have already reached out to airbnb, no resolve yet. I depend on text because the notifications are much more customizable than Airbnb’s app notification. This is a big deal because when I turn my phone on silent for meetings and sleep, text offers and emergency bypass to allow the message to still go through. Please help!

Kent