No way to turn off pet friendly

Criena0
Level 1
Perth, Australia

No way to turn off pet friendly

I accidently started a listing as pet friendly but wish to specify that guests are not welcome to bring their pets (although we have a dog on the property which is specified elsewhere).

For some reason this option is NOT visible to untick under amenities or anywhere else when I try to edit the listing.

Is this a common bug?

8 Replies 8
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Criena0

Well in actual fact there is!!!

the following screen shot will show you exactly where to find it!!!......

Booking extras.png

I have had to ditch pets as well. Each time we have had pets here there has been considerable damage done....more than the nightly amount asked for the listing so....I won't even entertain a goldfish in a bowl now.   No Pets!

Cheers.....Rob

Thanks Robin and Linda,

I looked under Amenities and just couldn't find that option, but should have looked elsewhere!

Cheers also for the other tips, good to know!

🙂

My experience allowing pets has been a good one. A majority of my guests have brought their dogs with them, and a few guests have stayed in my listing with 2 dogs. Not once has there been any additional cleaning needed because of the dogs.  

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Criena0  Welcome to hosting on Air BNB!  Your place is quite lovely and I hope you enjoy this business.  Since you are new I looked at your listing and have a couple of thoughts for your consideration.

1. You have instant booking turned on which is a default setting for new listings.  At this time you could get a reservation by a traveler with a dog.  Your only recourse will be to cancel.  To start your new listing with an automatic cancellation review could have serious consequences.  Turn off as soon as you can and until you have the listing set up the way you want it.
  2. You do not have a security deposit.  It is recommended to have a security deposit to handle damage that even the best and most considerate guest can cause.  Look in the Help Center using security deposit search terms to understand how this is set up on Air BNB platform.

@Robin4 has given you detailed instruction how to undo the pet amenity which is helpful.  Please take time to review the many articles in the Help Center about hosting, especially about reservations, modifications, cancellations.  Reviewing the community guides about contacting Air BNB on this site is also a good resource.  Good Luck!!

Anna584
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hi, although I've got the option 'no pets allowed' selected under Bookings and house rules, under amenities it states that we allow pets!!  Don't know how to rectify this.

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Anna584

Just read the posts above your's on this thread, otherwise I'd just be repeating them.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Andrea9

It's 7.30 in the the morning and, guess what Andrea.....another round of 'Groundhog Day'!!

Cheers.....Rob

I've followed those steps and it is still saying I allow pets