Noise complaints from neighbors overhead

Tyrone9
Level 2
New York, NY

Noise complaints from neighbors overhead

I live in a two story building  consisting of  two condo units (I'm on the first floor).

During a renovation of my unit I paid special attention to the ceiling putting double insulation up (between the rafters and cross the rafters) and installed 5/8 sheetrock. The reno was completed in May, and I posted the unit shortly after.

I recently had guest stay during the Thanksgiving holiday and left me a bad review for noisy neighbors overhead. I have it listed that there could be a potential for noise.  

I have a camera posted outside my door and I noticed the neighbors had people over for Thanksgiving dinner.

I had the work that day but when i got a chance I stopped by and asked my guest how is everything going, he told me " everything was fine" i asked again and the answer was the same. I told him like i tell all my guest please if you have any issues no matter how big or small please call or message me.

1 Not sure how or if i should reply to his message. 

2 Want to know what else I could do to prevent this in the future.

3 Replies 3
Tyrone9
Level 2
New York, NY

The title was supposed to Read “noise from neighbors over head”

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Tyrone9 - Personally, I wouldn't respond. It's very much out of kilter with your previous reviews, so perhaps the neighbours were having a wild one during that particular stay. Either that or he's a bit of snowflake/unaccustomed to city dwelling? 

I use sound masking systems with ceiling speakers in bedrooms.