Noise problem with new airbnb neighbor

Adrien69
Level 2
Bordeaux, France

Noise problem with new airbnb neighbor

Hello,

I´m new on the forum, I hope to present you my problem and find solutions.

We rent an apartment on the 3rd floor (and last floor) of a building. Everything is going well, the guests like the apartment and we are happy to receive them.

The downstairs neighbors did some work that ended not long ago, we were heavily generated during the work but it happened.
But here comes a new problem, this 2nd floor apartment is also rented now on airbnb but can receive parties / events.

Our guests were really spoiled by a party yesterday at 1am30 with an extremely loud volume ... luckily our guests chatted with them and the volume was off.

We are very worried for the future, this time there was no problem and the guests were very relaxed. But we are really worried about the next bookings because it can really give a bad situation with the different guests of the building (police ...). And the relationship between owner is really bad to arrange this.

Can Airbnb act in this case? Thanks for your advices.

3 Replies 3
Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Adrien69, I very much doubt that Airbnb will act in this case. I would first discuss the situation with the owners/renters of the flat downstairs and explain to them the effect that the noise is having on your guests. If they fail to do anything about it, lodge a noise complaint with the building owner and possibly the police (not sure what the laws are in Colombia but here in Australia there are limitations to noise in residential areas).

It may well be to their advantage if they DON'T allow parties and events anyway if they don't want their newly renovated apartment trashed!

Thank you for your advice. Yes, we are trying to communicate with the administrator but it s still difficult. i is a delicate situation, because we don´t know how will react the next guests as well as ours as theirs if there is a new party with a lound sound. And yes, the complaint can be a solution. -Thank you @Kath9

@Adrien69, best of luck with it - I hope you manage to resolve the situation.