Noisy sex - review or not to review

Nancy79
Level 3
Cumberland, ME

Noisy sex - review or not to review

I rent out a room in my own home and have had a couple staying here for the past three nights. Thankfully, they leave today. For the past two days, beginning at noontime, they have engaged in house-rocking sex. Unfortunately, their room is directly above my home office, where I work. My question is whether or not to leave them a review, and if I do, whether I should mention, or allude to the noisy sex. They are somewhat friendly, although we've only spoken a few times in passing. I don't have any stated "noise" rules for my listing, because in the 5 years I've been a host, everyone has been quite considerate. I admit that I feel a little violated, and it irks me that the couple has absolutely no concern for how their wild sex might affect anyone else. I don't have kids at home anymore, or I certainly would have spoken up. Any thoughts on whether to review or not? I'm considering the "might be better suited to a hotel room" line. Thanks. 

*[Title updated - Sept 25th 2018]

54 Replies 54

Omg  really ? if this things happen to my place than im really scared because my parents stay at my place on top floor. need to have more ideas about it. becaue my house is no sound proof.  

Mim,

I think this was a very unusual situation and one that almost never happens, so I wouldn't worry about your parents too much. Most people are courteous about their behavior and noise level. 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

They are a classic case for "Better suited to a motel" review, because of their personal habits and their poor choice of selecting too-public of a scenario to do their thing.

Your title is interesting btw. 

It wasn't my title. I was trying to write a new post and inadvertently posted under someone else's title. The rest of the story is true, however. 🐵

Ah; but @Nancy79 the juicy title, if supported with the facts would have been sooo much more entertaining.  Talking about cheap thrills. 😄

Fred, if you search for it, you can probably find the original post with all the lurid details!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Nancy79,

Nice to meet you. I am happy to change the title of you topic here, so it is a little clearer. Just let me know, what you would like me to change it to and I will update this! 🙂

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hi Lizzie,

At this point, I'm almost hesitant to change the title, because it has lead to such a wonderful dialogue between kindred Airbnb hosts, but in the spirit of "truth in advertising," please change the title to "Noisy sex- to review or not to review." Thanks so much.

Wow Lizzie, that was a quick title change! Lol...

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Nancy79,

Yes, because of the noise level, better suited to a hotel.

What's the connection between your heading that says "Guest asked host for sex" and the body of the post as that's not mentioned in it? Did the guest also ask you for sex as well? If that's the case then report them to Airbnb.

As you have a home office you could consider adding a noise rule to your house rules.

Steve.

Hi Steve,
In the five years I've been hosting, noise has NEVER been a problem, so I would never think of adding a noise rule. This was just a freak one-time deal, (I hope).

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Nancy79 the tittle sugests that they asked you to have sex with them which obviously is not the case, we would open this thread even without such tittle 🙂 I don't think you should specifically mention it in the review because it will probably get removed.

Why would it be removed,  if worded carefully and accurately,  and reflective of the host experience.  "Guests noisily engaged in carnal relations multiple times directly below my home office,  which I found quite annoying and inconsiderate."

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Nancy79  Better suited to a hotel would be my review also.