Noisy sex - review or not to review

Nancy79
Level 3
Cumberland, ME

Noisy sex - review or not to review

I rent out a room in my own home and have had a couple staying here for the past three nights. Thankfully, they leave today. For the past two days, beginning at noontime, they have engaged in house-rocking sex. Unfortunately, their room is directly above my home office, where I work. My question is whether or not to leave them a review, and if I do, whether I should mention, or allude to the noisy sex. They are somewhat friendly, although we've only spoken a few times in passing. I don't have any stated "noise" rules for my listing, because in the 5 years I've been a host, everyone has been quite considerate. I admit that I feel a little violated, and it irks me that the couple has absolutely no concern for how their wild sex might affect anyone else. I don't have kids at home anymore, or I certainly would have spoken up. Any thoughts on whether to review or not? I'm considering the "might be better suited to a hotel room" line. Thanks. 

*[Title updated - Sept 25th 2018]

54 Replies 54
Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Hi @Rachel0

How on earth could I forget Billy Connolly......the joke where he was going to bury his wife upside down!.......a parking spot for his bicycle?.....great start to my morning , thinking of great British humour!....thanks 

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Well I have a story that fits the actual headline, but no chance of giving a review as the request for xxx came months later via telephone. Was a most uncomfortable conversation. ''My wife said that...'' was the opening line. Still want a refund, Fred? (tagging doesn't work for some reason)

@Sandra126 No sense letting such a juicy title go to waste. I love his opening line - such possibilities! 😉

@Victoria567 I love Bennie Hill!

@Nancy79 Your thread was a treat.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Yes @Fred13, you just have to imagine the rest, I am not sharing.

Benny Hill? No. Just no.

Yes, fun thread, don't change the title Lizzie! We need a giggle from time to time.

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Hi @Fred13

See if you can get some reruns of The Two Ronnies, If you like Benny you should appreciate TheTwo Ronnies.

Ronnie Barker was also in a comedy series called Porridge about a prisoner called Fletcher , his sarcastic wit.........Just love it.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Victoria567

Benny Hill would have made a great sanitiser for the CC Victoria! How can you possibly forget his three amigos.....Mart'n....Bart'n and Fargo!

Cheers......Rob

Or @Nancy79 & @Robin4@Fred13 & @Victoria567 , the next paragraph or chapter! 

Ned-And-Laura0
Level 10
Simi Valley, CA

Our space is not a shared space but an attached Guest House designed for two people. We try and Market it as a romantic getaway and so we get a lot of couples and I would say 7 out of 10 engage in sexual relations. We actually provide a bottle of wine and there are multiple candles throughout the space reinforcing hour intent to make this a quiet and private romantic space. Our bedroom floor is their ceiling so if they are loud we will often hear them. But we just assumed this would happen and usually it's nothing more than a snicker between my wife and I when we hear this. Although we only actually hear them when they are exceptionally loud. I never put this in any of the reviews nor do I ever mention to them that we heard them.  If this was a shared space within our home I might feel differently about it though

Russell49
Level 10
Katoomba, Australia

If guests want to be rude and vulgar enough to make their "private" life public, then it warrants a public review. Be subtle in wording, but smart enough to allow future hosts to understand what you are getting across so they can warn these unpaid hookers that noise levels need to be kept to a minimum!

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Whoa Russell! 

While I'd like to compliment you on your efforts to revive all the threads that mention sex, 

Unpaid hookers?

Wow!