Non stop questions

Zacharias0
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

Non stop questions

I randomly approved a short term stay and kicking myself because they wont stop asking me questions about the most inane things. 

They want to use my laundry, but havent even arrived and i tell them its $3 and its a point on contention as they think $200 for a week gets them access to anything and everything.  

They say they read somewhere my area isnt safe, which i consider an insult. Just because you heard something from some random person doesnt mean its true.  

They dont know if they are arriving  at 11am or 11pm. How thats possible, I dont know. 

I never have this many issues with long term guests. This is why i switched to long term. So many less headaches.

8 Replies 8
Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

jump in, agree with them. Your house is now totally unsafe for THEM!! way better if they take their special snowflake selves elsewhere

Jade105
Level 2
Calgary, Canada

Zacharias: I feel your pain with the questions. We once had a guest wake us up in the middle of the night at our bedroom door asking where the water was. I told them, "in the faucet".

Some people just don't know if they're coming or going. I'd say power through, or encourage them to find another listing where they feel more comfortable! 

@Zacharias0

Was it an instant book??? I think you have grounds to claim "uncomfortable with guests" to cancel them penalty free (if it was an IB).

If it were me in your shoes, I'd be on the phone with ABB CS.

Or, I'd be saying to the guest "YES, some people may say this area is NOT safe...... as I do not live in a gated community and do not have a personal security guard." "You CANNOT check in at 11am. I strictly DO NOT allow early check ins, no exceptions." "If you think $3 for a load of laundry is expensive, we may not be a good fit. Please find elsewhere to stay." and basically be as UNaccomodating as possible 🙂

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

I would find a way to totally discourage them from coming.  

"Bummer, there has been many murders in the neighborhood since you booked." LOL

I forgot to mention: "The entire area is under Martial Law as we speak".

That should close the deal. 😉

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Hi@Fred

Id also add the following

Hi  XYZ

As I’ve said previously there have been several murders lately and if ai were you I’d cancel pretty **bleep** quick....as it might be you next 

PS just being a helpful host giving you some tips about the neighbourhood!

Pete69
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

I would try very hard to get this guest to cancel. Tell them everything they DON'T want to hear. I would tell them that the washer just broke down and it won't be fixed until after they check out. Tell them about car break in's and robberies in the neighborhood. Tell them you will be GONE from 11am to 11pm.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

we had few guests who had a loooot of questions before their arrival and it turned out they were all perfect guests, just well prepared 🙂

Regarding loundry we send them to the self service loundry 2 blocks away....or they have  a bucket , loundry detergent and drying rack to wash their socks and underwear by hand  🙂