#Norway Hosts

Welcome to Norway!

35 Replies 35
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Andre4,

Welcome, it's lovely to meet you! Thanks so much for starting a thread for hosts based in Norway, I think you may be one of the first Norwegian hosts we have had posting in the Community Center so please do encourage others to join in the discussion. 🙂

Just to add, I have moved your post to the 'Worldwide' cities board. I have also edited your title to include a # symbol so anyone searching for Norway will find your post! I hope this is fine with you. 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

I think one of the most important things as an up and coming market - is that we end up with Oslo as community listed in the dashbord.

Growth has been exponential, if you check visitor and host uptake in this market it is worth it.  For Airbnb travelers and hosts, this is a perfect place to find travelers missing the last part of their destination or hosts providing outstanding accomodation.

Lets put Oslo on the left hand side of cities.  It works and benefits everyone in this community.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Erlend0 and @Andre4, it is great to see you have started this discussion among Norway hosts. It is fantastic to hear your thoughts on the Cities board.

At the moment, there aren't that many Norwegian host actively involved in the Community Center, which I am sure will change as it would be fantastic to have more of a discussion in this area and across the platform. It would be great if you can spread the word about the Center to other hosts in your area. We are busy working on feedback from the community so please do share your feedback with me, and I will feed it directly back to our team. Here is the link to the feedback thread

Happy posting and I look forward to speaking with you more. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hei,

i wondered if you have any contact ot email from AirBnB to contact, i have had guests during the past week but still haven't received any payout and I haven't received email that the funds were sent 😕 

Hello @Miroslav8

There is no email to contact Airbnb. It seems the best way of contact is to Tweet DM @airbnbhelp. In the following link you find the phone-number for all countries. The operators are English speaking.

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Community-Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165/highl...

The number should also be present on your booking confirmation.

Mariann 🙂

@The only Norway host @Lizzie - I have close to 3000 forum posts lol.

Hi, Love to this Norway host group community. I am currently looking for a servicemanager norway, Area Oslo, Bergen and Lavik. Would love to hear your recommendations. Really Appreciate gor your time effort and thanks you 🙏

Lillian8
Level 1
Tromsø, Norway

Hi! I have rather recently listed my cabin on Airbnb and need a crash-course on the taxes involved. I've been hearing bits and pieces on the radio and in the news recently about hosting and how much tax I will have to pay but there are still unanswered questions that I hope can be answered here. 

Occupancy tax- where can I find this information? I have of course added my location but I cannot use a full address since the cabin is on an island and does not have a post box. So it says $0 of occupancy tax has been paid on each guest so far. (I have had 1 couple stay at the time of writing this and 5 more booked on future dates). 

There have been rumors that hosts must add all their earnings when we file our taxes after 10 000 NOK. How true is this?

I do not have so much experience about paying taxes in Norway, much less here on Airbnb. I grew up in New York but my duel-citizenship allows me to work, vote, own property in Norway. I've been officially living here since December 2015. Any and all help will be very appreciated! 

Hello @Lillian8.

I can try to explain a little bit.

In Norway you have to pay income-taxes if you rent your properties.

With some exceptions:

*If you live in the same building and the expected income is less than 50% of the VALUE (yes this is a potential trap) of the entire house if rented.

*If you make less than 20000 NOK a year on the property.

*If you rent it out less then 6 months a year. AND make less than 20000 NOK

For cabins there are different rules. Here you have to pay taxes of every amount FROM 10000 NOK. Note that you can deduct ANY cost you have to keep your cabin at same standard. If you have to fix something broken, like a shower, and make 20000, you pay tax for 10000-2500(cost)=7500 NOK. But you can NOT deduct if you do something only to increase the standard.

These are not taxes that AirBnB charge for you. You have to list it yourself every year when you file your taxes.

I hope this helps a bit?

Mariann 🙂

Hey all!

Just popping in, this seems to be a more or less appropriate place for a first post. Here's to the company and in particular to the fellow countrymen-women. Happy hosting - and travelling.

Right! 

Liv&Bertie

Hi, Love to this Norway host group community. I am currently looking for a servicemanager norway, Area Oslo, Bergen and Lavik. Would love to hear your recommendations. Really Appreciate gor your time effort and thanks you 🙏

You may want to contact the tax authourities if you are unsure. They are usually helpful with questions. I also heard of a service they provide where you pay a little fee and they are bound by whatever answer they give you. I live in the same apartment that I rent out on airbnb and its only for part of the year. If I am interpreting the law correctly, then I am not liable to the 25% taxes. 

@Frances0

If you make more than 20.000 a year on your apartment you are liable to paying taxes.

Mariann 🙂

No. The law on renting out part of your own residence says :

Hvis du leier ut MER ENN halvparten av boligen regnet etter utleieverdien OG utleieinntekten er 20 000 eller mer, må du skatte av hele inntekten.

Doesn't apply in my case because I dont rent out more than half the rental value of my apartment in a year and I live there.