Not getting bookings

Not getting bookings

I have had our place listed for over a month (availability is from late January onwards as we are having the flat painted) and other than one person who wanted to live in it for a year I have had no inquiries, let alone bookings. Am I wasting my time? Listing number is 17479844

7 Replies 7

nov thru jan are always the slowest times for hosts. you can go weeks without an inquiry. things will pick up.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi,

I looked at your listing. It costs in januari NZD 13,- a night for 1 person, which I think is extremely cheap. But...if a second person is booked  (sleeping in the same Queen bed !) it costs NZD 64,- a night. I am confused...

Then i looked at april: suddenly price raise to over NZD 180,- a night for 1 person. Do you have turned on "smart pricing", producing this "weird" results ?

Best, emiel

Yes I have smart pricing on - do you think it best to change that setting and the prices? Thanks

@Krissy5

I would advise you to look at your competitors in your area and set your prices by yourself. I would never ever use smart pricing myself.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Krissy5

You are responsable for the correct pricing of your listing. You also have the local knowledge to set it to something realistic.

If you simulate a booking on your own listing, or hover over the dates, you will notice the pricing, as i mentioned before.

Listing: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/17479844

I myself only use smart pricing within tight limits. My impression is you set it between 13,- en 181,- , which seems to me a wide range

Maybe also look at your price for second guest. And consider a weekly or monthly discount ?

Added: I just noticed you changed allready the extra guest price to 15,- 

Best regards,emiel

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Late January is still very far off.

I'm still not sure of my travel plans for this next week-end!

Most people are concentrating on Christmas right now.  

Have patience and appreciate this downtime.

Once things get going you will reflect back longingly at this calmer time!

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Krissy5 My abb bookings are usually 3-14 days out. And January last year was probably my slowest month of the year. 

And yes, smart pricing is not often very smart.