Not getting paid

Jaime-and-Ben0
Level 2
Calgary, Canada

Not getting paid

So I had a booking on Jan 1st where my entire house was booked out and several guests stayed in our home.  It is now January 24th and I still have not received payment.  I called airbnb on this matter and the first time I called I was told I was paid and that the problem was with the bank.  I told the guy on the phone is wasn't my bank, that they gave me a paid out with the wrong amount of money paid out.  Nothing happened.  I called airbnb a 2nd time and spoke to another agent for 40 minutes on the phone to just finally hang up and tell her to get back to me. she said someone would call me that same night or the next morning.  I got an email saying someone was looking into the matter.  That was the end of the converstation.  I called a 3rd time 5 days later and finally I got a big more information but still not the response I was looking for.  This time I was told my matter was sent to payroll and that someone would look at it and that it was labelled URGENT.  It has now been a week since that last phone call so I decided to call for the 4th time!  I aske to speak to a manager or supervisor anyone who get solve this problem. I'm told I am speaking to a case manager and she could help  me.  well this case manager tells me that my matter still isn't being looked at by a case manager in payroll and that there is no one else higher then her I can speak to that would give me any better answer then what she just told me.  She assures me I will get paid just that no one has looked at my case yet even though for the past 3 weeks it's been labelled an urgent matter! geez what if this really was a more urgent matter.

we as hosts I told to response to any enquiries within 24 hours or else, and yet when it comes to the company getting back to us hosts in a timely matter, forget about it.  This is not a company that follows what it preaches or leads by example.  I've only been with Airbnb hosting since October and really getting into full swing middle of November and I have to say I'm not impressed that I am already having issues.

I just wanted others out there to be aware that if you have a matter with payment it is going to be a long time before it gets resolved and your mind put at rest.

14 Replies 14
Mike233
Level 1
Houghton le Spring, United Kingdom

can you please tell me the phone number you called for Airbnb as I have the same problem, Thanks Mike A

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Mike233

There is a different phone number for Airbnb contact in each country Mike. The UK contact number is +44 203 318 1111 or locally 02033181111If you want to check all the methods of contacting Airbnb here is the link which will give you all the required contact information....

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Community-Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M1876...

I hope this helps

@Jaime-and-Ben0

That is disapointing that you are having payment problems so early in your hosting career. There are a number of reasons your payment has been delayed! Was this booking an 'Instant Book' for a stay within a couple of days of the booking?

In some instances hostings can take place before the guests payment has gone through, and Airbnb are chasing the guest for payment.

You have received previous payments so your payment information should be correct! If you feel you are getting the run around post this problem on Airbnb's Facebook page! They can be heartless and mean, but they are sensitive to criticism on social media.

If it is of any comfort Jamie and Ben I have had over 40 payouts through Airbnb and every one has arrived on time and for the correct amount....never once missed! So your problem is not the norm and I am sure somebody can sort it out for you....you just have to get high enough up the chain of command.

Cheers.....Rob

Thanks robin, that is a great idea, I never thought about that. I did finally get paid, thank goodness but if I ever have other issues I will try that!

thanks again. 

Anita107
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Hi

I've chosen to be paid into my bank 5-7 working days !!

I've not been paid for my first guest Jan 27th  .....but I have been for the next guest Feb 4th within 3 days

should I change my method to PayPal?

Which do Hosts reccommend? Bank or PayPal?

Thanks to whoever gave these phone numbers for the UK xx

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Anita107 It was me who posted those UK numbers!! Anita I have found bank deposit to be the most reliable method of receiving money. I did years ago have problems with PayPal, and since the advent of internet funds transfers I can see absolutely no reason to introduce a 'middleman' into the payment regime. It just complicates what is already a smooth operation.

Anita, first log into your listing page and go to 'account'! Select 'Transaction History' from the options and your payment history will be displayed.....the guest booking reference, the guest stay and when the funds were released by Airbnb to your nominated account.

This will tell you if the fault lies with Airbnb or with the bank.

If in transaction history a payment date is given, get onto your bank. If no payment for that booking reference has been released get onto Airbnb, quote the booking reference and ask for payment to be released. It may be that Airbnb are still chasing payment from the guest themselves.

Cheers.....Rob

Hi mike robin is right my number is different then yours:-( good luck and I did finally get paid, so I'm sure you will too. 

Damir0
Level 10
Rotterdam, The Netherlands

@Jaime-and-Ben0

Wow. This indeed looks unprofessional. However, I've been an Airbnb host for 3 years now and had several cases in different categories. I have to say, mostly Airbnb tries to solve all issues with urgency, it can happen though (various reasons and limited by third party information) that it takes longer than you'd expect or hope to get a response. My suggestion would be to keep your email up to date and respond as soon as you get a follow up by email. Or phone. Just be remain calm and wait a bit longer, I'm sure that Airbnb will sort this out. I would give them feedback on this matter though, be sure to express your concern and discontent. Good luck!

Wherever you go, there you are.
David596
Level 2
Phegans Bay, Australia

i am owed 4 payments!!!

Daphne17
Level 1
Athens, Greece

Hi. I m having the same problem...not getting paid..no problem with bank....

I did eventually get paid. Hang in there. You just have to keep on top of them and keep calling and they will eventually pay you. 

David596
Level 2
Phegans Bay, Australia

hi i am owed now for 4 payments!! not taking any more bookings and when asked reasion for declining the booking i am telling the guests not to use air bnb!

David596
Level 2
Phegans Bay, Australia

hi,i have 4 outstanding payments,because they(air bnb call centre) said my bank details were incorrect,after 2 years same bank they just CHANGED on thier own! 10 calls so far...NOT HAPPY and i am not taking any more bookings until they pay me ,now over $600 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

David596
Level 2
Phegans Bay, Australia

from now any people who try to book my place i will decline and tell them not to use air bnb!!

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@David596 its a technical issue in Australia that's been going on for a while, some hosts have now been paid and others are still waiting. below is one post but there are many more.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Payout-issues-in-Australia/m-p/861758#M184852