Not receiving text or email notifications

Anna18
Level 1
Nottingham, GB

Not receiving text or email notifications

I have been a host for a few years and recently stopped receiving email notifications from Airbnb.  I contacted Airbnb who checked my settings, said they had refreshed everything but nothing changed.  I now don't receive any text notifications and have just lost 2 bookings in the last few days as a result.  My response rate has also taken a hit.  Emails, calls and on-line chats with Airbnb has come to nothing.  Anyone any help please?

63 Replies 63
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Anna18,

Sometimes there are glitches within the Airbnb platform.  One thing I would suggest you check is if your notifications are setup properly. You can do this by going into your account and choosing "Notifications" and ensure the ones you want to receive are checked off.

notifications.png

Happy Hosting!

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

We have the same problem since a week. Maybe Airbnb ran out of phonenumbers to use?

Same here, all boxes checked but no text messages since Jan 4, and I've had at least a few dozen messages from guests between Jan 4 and today.

I haven't touched a thing in my ACCOUNT > NOTIFICATION page but it just stopped coming in one day.

I also started losing e-mails too.

I haven't received any SMS messages nor e-mails for reservation requests and inquiries that came in yesterday afternoon.  It's a good thing I hoticed it this afternoon prior to it expiring or else my responce rate would have gone down.

I rely mainly on e-mail notifications, and really need this to get fixed ASAP.

Have a great day everyone!

Taka

Has anyone tried my suggestion here: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/General-Hosting/Not-receiving-text-or-email-notifications/m-p/20145/...

I would be curious to see if it worked.

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Thanks Dave,

I deleted and re-entered my number.  Let's see if that works.

Although I still have the problem with the notification e-mails not coming thru remaining...

It could be worse, I am not getting any booking inquiries at all.

David

Has it worked to delete and try again?

YES..I have tried everything..I still am not getting any emails form the Airbnb server!

This did not work for me. Very frustating!

Omfg, obviously people have checked settings. What a load of

horsecrap

I'm having the same problem, but with emails only, I'm still getting texts and app notifications.

Dave I've checked my Notification Settings many times not to no avail.  Anyone else have any suggestions?

Many thanks,

Michelle

I'm experiencing the same issue and my email notifications are turned on!

Hi,

I have heard that this is a known issue that is not affecting everyone.  If it is affecting you, apparently you can only choose either text or email but not both.  See if this works for you!

Dave

David

I am having the same problem with everything from Instant Book reservation with no notification to no text notifications with messages! I have verified that all notifications are enabled but it still isn't working. I will try to contact airbnb too.