Not receiving text or email notifications

Anna18
Level 1
Nottingham, GB

Not receiving text or email notifications

I have been a host for a few years and recently stopped receiving email notifications from Airbnb.  I contacted Airbnb who checked my settings, said they had refreshed everything but nothing changed.  I now don't receive any text notifications and have just lost 2 bookings in the last few days as a result.  My response rate has also taken a hit.  Emails, calls and on-line chats with Airbnb has come to nothing.  Anyone any help please?

63 Replies 63

So how many hosts have to have a problem before Airbnb addresses it? This makes me want to close my account rn. I never should have come to the forum because now I hate airbnb all around. Screw these guys who

are getting rich on our hard work and frustration. Shame on you!

David305
Level 3
Diever, The Netherlands

Since the beginning of August 2021 we no longer receive any incoming email from the ‘express’, 'automated', ‘hello’ and ‘noreply’ Airbnb email addresses (this means we no longer receive reservation confirmations, payment confirmations, any communication from our guests or account updates. I'm also sure that 'Community-Support' won't be coming through anymore either). Only ‘Host News’ emails coming from the ‘discover’ email address are currently being received by us.

If it wasn't for logging in to our account after receiving an SMS notification of activity on our account, we would be entirely unaware of someone checking in. I can see this eventually going wrong, with us not being aware of a very last minute reservation due to not seeing it via the Airbnb app on our phone or receiving two duplicate last minute reservations due to noticing the Airbnb reservation too late.

We have already called the support team in the Philippines at the beginning of October. They told us to delete all account notifications regarding 'Account Activity and Policies' and 'Guest and Host Messages'. Then sign out, sign back in again and re-tick everything. It didn't help. Support had no other solution unfortunately.  

And no, those emails are not in our spam folder, not being deleted or blocked by our provider before reaching us. The problem lies solely with Airbnb. So, if there is someone, somewhere at Airbnb who knows how to solve this without deleting our account and re-joining (!) please, shout out loud…..

I have not been receiving any text notifications since 2022. And have not changed my phone number. I am currently in contact with Airbnb and they are blaming my phone number saying that it cannot receive text messages…

“Upon checking through the system this number doesn't support text messages.

Please do make sure that your number can receive text messages.

Thank you!”

Do they think that I have never actually used my phone to text before?! Lol. 

This is beyond ridiculous!

ridiculous and beyond!