Not receiving text or email notifications

Anna18
Level 1
Nottingham, GB

Not receiving text or email notifications

I have been a host for a few years and recently stopped receiving email notifications from Airbnb.  I contacted Airbnb who checked my settings, said they had refreshed everything but nothing changed.  I now don't receive any text notifications and have just lost 2 bookings in the last few days as a result.  My response rate has also taken a hit.  Emails, calls and on-line chats with Airbnb has come to nothing.  Anyone any help please?

63 Replies 63

Same problem. Settings are definitely fine. I've also just lost a booking, so annoying. I rely on the text alerts; I can't be checking my emails all the time. Please sort this out Airbnb!

Ria1
Level 1
Boulder, Colorado, United States

I too have stopped receiving email notifications and lost 3 inquiries, lowering my response rate, as well as lost income!

Margaret9
Level 1
Inverness, United Kingdom

I have exactly the same problem and no longer receive text messages despite all the boxes being ticked and I haven't changed anything. I still get emails. Airbnb - please sort this out as other people have said, I cannot check my emails all the time and I need to respond to requests within 24 hours.

Hi @Margaret9,

I don't know if this will work but have you tried deleting your cell number from the account and then add it again?  This might work and if it does, let me know.

Thanks

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

I have also had the problem fora  few weeks. 

All my setting are fine

I like the text  message relay as I am always on text.

I have not lost a booking or not responded yet, but I'd liek to have the text feature back

Tyler

Hi @Ty-Antoine0,

It may be that Airbnb is phasing out the texting feature: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/New-to-Hosting/I-can-t-actually-believe-this/m-p/19885#M2005

I suggested to one person to try and delete your phone number and then add it again and see if that makes a difference.  I would be curious to know.  I have not had an issue with this yet but give it a try and see if that fixes the issue for you.

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Dave I did that. Still no notifications. 

This is not acceptable !! It used to work and I dont understand why Airbnb changed this. It is very inconvenient to receive a message on one app and have to switch to a different app to reply.  Airbnb please fix this !!!!!

Hi Dave,

My notifications are all checked, yet I am not receiving e-mails from airbnb. I can not seem to locate a phone # to call them to get this all sorted out. This has been occuring since 2/19 and I really need some resolution. Can you help me by providing a phone #?

Thanks,

Janet

John49
Level 1
British Columbia, Canada

did you get this resolved?  we are in the same position and we also have lost a bunch of bookings in the last few weeks.  Would love to know how to fix it.  thank you

No, now I am getting some messages and some I do not get. Cannot figure out any reoccuring pattern, seems to be randomn, if I receive a message or not.

John33
Level 2
Sheffield, United Kingdom

I just had the same problem, after using the same account for years. :((

I haven't received emails for a week now and my settings are all correct, checked them a dozen times. I've missed out on several enquiries/bookings and to my horror realised that Airbnb had suspended my 3 adverts because I wasn't responding to enquiries!

The most frustrating part is that it would be easier to fly to the moon than actually deal with someone from Airbnb. All I seem to do is go round in circles.

I'm now having to log in to my Airbnb account several times a day to check my inbox for enquiries.

Help please....

Same here!

Havent gotten an email notification in weeks. Thought I had no inquiries or bookings, turns out I did but wasn't alerted. 

Any fixes here?  I haven't changed any settings, it should be working fine. 

Alex

Did this ever get resolved?  I am not getting any emails from them and they have not helped me to figure out the problem.