Noticeable Increase in Reservations After Reaching Superhost Status?

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Noticeable Increase in Reservations After Reaching Superhost Status?

Hi everyone - I have been hosting on-and-off for just over a year now and am on track to make Superhost status on October 1st.  Did you notice an increase in your reservations after obtaining Superhost status?  Did you find you were able to increase your nighly rate?  Thanks in advance!

13 Replies 13
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

No and No.

Niki0
Level 6
London, United Kingdom

Happily, yes and yes!

So much so now the apartment is rarely available.

Good luck in your venture & congratulations on your impending SuperHost status!

That's great to hear!  Thanks for the reply. 🙂

Jimmy8
Level 2
Tacoma, WA

Hi Cynthia & Chris,

I reached superhost status this past July 2016 after hosting for 3 years.  I found I was able to raise rates 10 to 20% without a noticable drop in bookings. But the real test will be this winter first time 

The other thing I noticed was my number of first time Airbnb guests went up as they seemed to feel more comfortable booking with me. But in some cases I found expectations for the stay to be way above reality private feed back from some guests commenting that they expected the bedroom to be much larger its a standard for US at 12x12 with large closet. I found that adjusting verbage and listing exact mesuremnet of rooms has helped with that.

Good luck with your SuperHost Status 

Jimmy in Tacoma WA

ps not sure its common but when they say upto 14 days to review status they were not kidding, Approval popped up monring of July 15th so just relax.....

Good to know!  I'll keep patient while the powers-that-be decide my fate. 😉

Jimmy I like your reviews, I recently made SH and noted a slight uptick but looking to do better.  

Cheers 

No and No too...

I'm a SH since more than 2 years. I'm making a little survey for my guests: 62 of the last 75 guests I hosted didn't know what is a SH, didn't know I am one and never saw there was a specific filter to sort only listings owned by SH.

The reason they choose my listing for their stay in West Britanny is:

1- the 5☆ global experience rating.
2- the 5☆ cleanliness rating.
3- the reviews written by guests.

The SH status is just a resume of the good job we are doing a badge given by Airbnb nothing more.

And just this good reviews avoid me from lowering my rates when the huge increase of listings in my area result in a 20% reduction rates in average and helps to have guests during all the year.

I will probably loose my SH status during the next year: guests expectations are higher when you have good reviews, the more guests you will host the more you risk to get "only" 4☆ evaluation.

Do your best, be a good host and don't be obsessed by a status.

Good to know!  Thanks for sharing your experience.

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

No...and no...

Reviews and star ratings are what guests look for - just one of our guests knew what it was or meant (and they were a host).

However, it's a nice pat on the back for a job well done. Just don't stress if it ever looks like you might lose it (for example by not having enough guests over a period)

Andrew90
Level 10
New York, NY

I think one of the reasons you are seeing conflicting responses is that I believe the biggest benefit to superhost is that I think you get better search results placement. But as others have described just because someone looks at your property does not meen they book it.  Perhaps a more intersting question is how do the number of views compare before and after superhost is achived. 

Andrew

Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ
Georgina5
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

It's not- if you change the content of your website enough you get to the search bots. Superhosts is crap! Driving you to destruction full stop!

Sharon114
Level 10
Lincoln, United Kingdom

I have been a super host for almost a year now and actually achieved it in only 2 months.  When I started hosting it was a particularly busy time of year for Lincoln and as we have two rooms in our home that are used for airbnb we were able to meet the criteria quickly.

Having said that, I do think having super host status and very good reviews does lead to some guests having unrealistic expectations and, as has already been mentioned, can mean guests sometimes leaving only 4* reviews.  I agree that first time users probably feel more comfortable staying with a super host but there is a fair bit of pressure to maintain this status and it only takes a few lower than 5* reviews to do the damage.

Georgina5
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Superhost is a load of rubbish. I'm one it goes on and off depending on really ridiculous things. It's all about length of time you have been a host. General reviews. They are a company trying to manipulate you. It's crazy. Not something you would take to heart !