Notification sounds

Michele4
Level 9
Munich, Germany

Notification sounds

Although the notification sound is quite distinctive I don't like it and would prefer to be able to choose my own sound. Since I work in a quiet environment I set my notifications to single and short pings, which is perfect to get my attention without annoying others. In comparison to this the Airbnb chime is like a bulldozer!

Please let users decide how they want to be notified!

7 Replies 7
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Michele4 on my Iphone I can set the sound notification for Airbnb and all my other apps like Whatsapp messages.  I have a different notification sound for Airbnb.  Go to your settings then sounds and you will be able to select the notification sound. 

on android there is no such setting

I have android and i do not get a chime/sound when AirBnB comes through which i need!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Just put it on silent or vibrate and you can check for any messages during your breaks.

really? the most common questions from my guests are: what's the wifi password? where do I have to ring? where do I find toilet paper? What do I do when the water is cold? and so on (despite the fact that no one actually reads the descriptions in my listing). And your suggestion is that they have to wait for my break? I can only imagine what kind of ratings I'm getting then...

Denise185
Level 1
Horsham, Australia

so good to have that unique notification sound back.  Bookings will receive more prompt attention.  About time

My iPhone doesn't give me A sound notification option.