Nowhere is it explained HOW TO CREATE a saved message.... can someone enlighten me?

Patrick58
Level 1
Little Rock, AR

Nowhere is it explained HOW TO CREATE a saved message.... can someone enlighten me?

How does one create a "saved message," which is refered to in the booking process but not explained. Nowhere can I find how to create such a message.... like... "Thanks for choosing my accommodation." This is something I key in repeatedly... it would be handy to have it stored, and such a process is referred to in the booking process, but how to create and access such a message is not explained.

12 Replies 12
Marcus0
Level 10
Berlin, DE

@Patrick58 Airbnb continually adds things which makes it hard to keep up.  Agree with you.

Go to a guest message, you will see red text saying Use a Saved Message, click on it.

You will the see some of your previous messages.  You can either edit one of them or click on Save a new message.

Thumbs up if you were able to find this.

This would be great... but I couldn't find the option. I'll wait for a message I haven't replied to yet to see for sure...

Thanks you, will try it!!

I too would like to know how to create a saved message.

Also, how to update the one that I have already.

@Michael-And-Cathi0

Don't use the AirBnB "save message" ... Just download a "MACRO" program and use that.  Much more stable and you can use it in here also.

Mike
AirBnB Treehouse for Rent
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7292887

@Mike77 can you share a recommendation for an easy one for begnners.  I tend to aggree but I often use multiple computes and my phone so I woudl think saved messages might serve a purpose the other advanage of saved messages is that you can use TAGS.  I personally managed my communications outside of AirBNB but via the AirBNB email platform since I list on multiple platforms. 

As Mike frequently suggests "Google is your Friend" 

While there is not yet a community guide on using Saved Messages a quick good search of "Airbnb saved messages" turned up some good refereces.  The first has nice step by step instructions with pictures. 

How to Use Airbnb Message Templates to Save Time

Quick Time-Saving Airbnb Tip: The "Saved Messages" Feature

Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ

@Andrew90

As far as MACRO's ...

Now how am I supposed to know what will work on your system and what will work on your phone?

As you stated, but did not learn... Google is your friend.

Mike
AirBnB Treehouse for Rent
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7292887

@Lizzie I think we need a community help guide on using saved messaged. Happy to write one but not sure how to get published. 

Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ
Sharon520
Level 2
Prince Edward, Canada

I can make a saved message but I can't seem to delete one.

Anyone?

Also, how will I know if someone answers this query?

I know this is an old post.. we dont have the option to save.. only archive and "star"

John1574
Level 10
Providence, RI

@Mona-And-Brent0@Sharon520  @Andrew90

It's really simple.

1.  Go to your inbox on your host page and open any message.

2. An empty text box will appear. At the bottom of the text box is a prompt:  use a saved message -- click on that.

3. That will open to three prompts:  choose a message, save a new message or edit saved messages.

From there all will become clear.

If you can't handle these directions, then I'm afraid it's a case of "You can't get there from here."

David122
Level 4
Santa Fe, NM

keep me up on  this will try it out