Number at our name, who get the most amount of number?

Nutth0
Host Advisory Board Member
Chiang Mai, Thailand

Number at our name, who get the most amount of number?

Good morning or evening everyone, hope you doing well.

I just noticed from the board , we got a number behind our name ... just wandering who got the longest number? 🙂 Do you like it or do you want to change to other number?

for me look like no number be hind. ( As in Asia we got a lot of not a same name and surname)

5 Replies 5
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Nutth0  Some hosts have complained that they don't like it, it feels dehumanizing and we should have been allowed to pick our own number. Personally, I couldn't care less- I have more important things to get my knickers in a knot about. As long as Airbnb doesn't require us to send in documentation that we've had the number subcutaneously installed on a chip in our arms, I'm okay with it 🙂

It's actually working better for tagging, as before only 5 names came up, now you get a list when you start to type a name that doesn't appear on the basic 5, although it's still glitchy for some people.

I suspect you didn't get a number assigned because you're the only, or at least the 1st Nutth to participate on the forum.

Nutth0
Chiang Mai, Thailand

@Sarah977  Thanks for your opinion. I never thought about that before! ( dehumanizing) and I do found I have to remember number of the one who I want to write to. 

For my name, actually “Nutth” or “Nut” it was a common name especially for men as it mean “ scholar” ( totally opposite side of English (-; ) However, my name spelled like this because my English teacher don’t want to confuse as we got 3 Mr.Nut on that time so she name 3 of us. Nut, Nutt, Nutth .... 🙂

lucky me that is not Nuttt!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Nutth0  How is your name pronounced? Is it an "oooo" sound, or an "uh" sound, or some other sound we don't have in English? 

You might find that you do get assigned a number- the moderators are still fiddling with it. Branka and Sylvia, from Croatia, got a 1, and they're certainly unique as far as their host names, as did Jessica and Henry, also one-of-a-kind, from South Korea.

There's a saying in English- Call me anything you want, just don't call me late for dinner 🙂

Nutth0
Chiang Mai, Thailand

It was pronounced "Nut" in English mean crazy ... 🙂 

Fun fact: In Thailand, some woman name is AU-SA ( meaning dawn). When she writes her name to English it will be "Ms.USA" .... ;-D      

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Nutth0  I named my oldest daughter Kaiyo. I just made it up. Years later we found out it was actually a name in Japanese- but a man's name.

I have a friend whose name is Marion. When she moved to Mexico, they never heard that name before and kept calling her Miriam. She started out correcting them, but finally gave up and just let everyone call her Miriam.