Number of Beds

Jeanne298
Level 2
Florida, United States

Number of Beds

I just set up my rental on Airbnb. I've been renting our vacation home for 10 years, but have used other platforms.

My listing shows 6 beds!! I do NOT have 6 beds. I can not figure out how to change this? When I go to edit my listing, it only shows 2 bedrooms. Under each bedroom, I am given the option of stating what the bedding is. So for master, I have 1 Queen. For Guest Room, I have 1 Queen and 2 Twins.

My unit can sleep 6. But we only have 4 actual beds. I feel like it's misleading for it show 6 beds right at the top of the listing. Am I stupid? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!!

14 Replies 14
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Jeanne298 

The answer is simple:

There are two bunkbeds on your listing.

Each bunkbed is counted as two beds.

Best regards,

Emiel

Jeanne298
Level 2
Florida, United States

Oh my goodness. Now I do feel stupid. Lol. Thank you. 😉

Flawless victory lol...thank you both for this moment that put a big grin on my face

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Jeanne298 I'm confused because it shows up as 4 beds for me. And above you said you have 2 queen beds and 2 twins (is that singles?) But on your listing it says 2 queens and 1 bunk bed (= 4).

Also, your listing looks fantastic, but may I respectfully suggest shortening it a little (or a lot?). One thing hosts always complain about items that guests don't read and it seems that the more information, the less likely guests are to read it (especially house rules). Completely unsolicited advice I realise but just thought I'd mention it. Best of luck with hosting. 

Jeanne298
Level 2
Florida, United States

I fixed it!!! Lol. It did say 6, but it's correct now. I do have two twins - in the bunks we built in. They are full size (not just for children).

I appreciate the advice! I will change it up as it goes. I've been renting on various platforms (and my own site) for years. Airbnb's model is a bit different for me - no signed rental agreements, etc. That's strange, so that's why I basically have my rental agreement in my house rules to ensure guests have that information prior to confirming.

I'm also not used to not having a 60 day cancellation policy. Will be testing Airbnb during my off season to see how this goes 😉

Thanks so much!!!

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Glad you managed to sort this out  @Jeanne298

Great catch @Emiel1 and some very good advice from @Kath9

I was wondering if you could help out @Jim1474 who seems to be having a similar issue?

Thanks, 

Nick 

Jim1474
Level 2
KCMO, MO

I have the same problem, with my listing showing 8 beds. I only have 4 beds: 2 kings, 2 twin.  Any help is appreciated!

@Jim1474You have your beds listed twice: once in their respective bedrooms, and once in the common area. Take them out of the common area portion of the listing. 

Thank you!

Hi, 

Sorry I also have the same problem. How do you get to the common area portion of the listing. Apologies, am really new at this.

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

Well done @Alexandra316 ! Like AirBnb, without hosts the CC would be at a loss too. You deserve the consultancy payment on this one. 😁

I thought @Nick was the AirBnb employee here and had a battalion of experts at his disposal for these sorts of problems - rather than resurrecting users from almost a year ago!

This really is the strangest forum I’ve ever encountered.

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Ian-And-Anne-Marie0  I hope you are well.

In the CC we encourage members (hosts and guests) to give their advice from their experience. It is literally why this place exists, and the first thing you will read in the CC Guidelines - "The Community Center is an online forum where hosts can connect with other hosts, and where both hosts and travellers can share experiences, ask questions, and give advice."

You have yourself often been a great source of advice for your peers, truly embodying that sentiment. Thanks

Hi, I have seem to having the same problem. I have one king, 1 queen and 2 single beds. (Total 4 beds) but it shows up as 8 beds. Where can I change that?

Sorry about that typo, I meant >>>

I seem to be having the same problem.....