OUTRAGED BY AIRBNB'S RESPONSE TO GUEST COMPLAINT! UNHAPPY HOST!!!

OUTRAGED BY AIRBNB'S RESPONSE TO GUEST COMPLAINT! UNHAPPY HOST!!!

To say i am infuriated is an understatement... after 5 years of using Airbnb, with multiple listings in the U.S and in Ireland, i've noticed a recent downhill decline in Airbnb service to their hosts. In fact, there barely is a service. Before it was teamwork, now its, Airbnb against the host and FOR the guest. Does Airbnb forget without hosts listing apartments there would be no business? No guests could book!!! Will Airbnb begin to treat hosts fairly and with some ounce of loyalty?

I had a guest stay for 46 days. on the 30th day, my maintenance person took the AC unit out of the guests bedroom window and placed it in his closet for storage, as with a new season the cold comes through the Air conditioner. This is a standard maintenance task we do so the guests don't have to take it out themselves and risk causing injury to themselves (AC units are heavy). We email the guests and let them know the day before that we are doing it. Unfortunately an error was made and this guest didn't get the email. He was frustrated, understandably. However, we apologized and explained it was an error with our emailing.

What does Airbnb do? Refunds the guest for the remaining 15 days AND gives them a 50% refund on the 30 days they have spend in the apartment!!!!

The guest enjoyed his stay with no issues up to the 30 day mark until the AC unit was taken out of the window and placed in his closet. So why was he refunded 50% of days with no issues. Absolutely disgraceful!!!!! 

Do you think this is fair? What can we do against Airbnb's unethical, business practice against hosts?

Sincerely,
Unhappy host.
15 Replies 15

Maybe haha