Obligation to announce

Samantha261
Level 2
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Obligation to announce

Hi there!

I wanted to share with you my recent 'run around the houses' so to speak with the city council.

Not new to the organisation but to the forum. I have always keep a keen eye on what the community is doing via the newsletters, and so as a homeowner, I wanted to participate and to explore the world... homes, myself.

After listing my current property in March/April this year.

I recently was notified by the city council to seek permission from the housing association in order to revoke a fine of 6,000EUR, to a new law regulation placed 1st of October 2017, in regards to announce rental.

From city council -> housing association -> city council ->  Dutch tourism tax department -> housing association. I was then informed that there have been several cases where the courts have ruled that the deed of partition, stating that apartments designated for living, do not allow for this kind of use since this is considered to be the same as using the apartments as a hotel. And so, my appeal today was denied.

What confuses me is... what was the point of me declaring 'Obligations to announce'? They were never going to accept my application.

Overwhelmed by the number of countless options of overpriced nonclassified hotels in the city centre. I cannot help but get annoyed by the extreme overreach to retain a certain class/status to the touristic areas. Fact. It is overcrowded and the communities within are pushing out. Just look at London, a perfect example of what not to do. If visitors are looking to stay outside of the city centre and are willing to travel further to experience culture rather than be in a bubble, why can't the residential homes on the outskirts be considered to be hospitable or even benefit? 

Thanks for reading!

Sam

0 Replies 0