Occupancy

Damion10
Level 1
Jacksonville, FL

Occupancy

Hello everyone! My name is Damion and I would like to know how do you promote your Airbnb during low seasons?

6 Replies 6
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Damion10 

- By using 'promotions' available in the calender

- By promoting the listing on social media or other websites (See "share" option on the listing)

- By offering special prices/discounts in the listing for certain time periods

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

@Damion10   we started an Instagram for our place which has really helped to drive traffic to the listing.  We post daily, not always content about our ABB but things about pets (we are pet friendly) other properties we own (we love historic houses) and things to do in the area. Also before and after decorating and reno projects. Its more of a lifestyle page at this point but it definitely gets us attention and has improved some of the guest quality we get.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Damion10 Beware going too cheap.You might increase occupancy but not profit and also attract more problem guests. 100% occupancy is certainly not something we target.

Pete69
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

Does social media really amount to a hill of beans? It seems to me that if people are looking for a place to stay they will look on... Airbnb!

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Pete69 

I remember and old thread about the subject:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Do-you-use-direct-marketing-for-your-Airbnb/m-p/966091#M...

I receive bookings as a result of being active on Social Media, directing potential guests to my Airbnb homepage. Maybe at some point in time they will think "airbnb !" and start searching. But i prefer to be known already before they start searching (and maybe not even be found...)

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Damion10,

The primary recommendation that I have for advertising during slow periods is to also post on other platforms, such as Booking and Expedia.  We've found that the popularity of platforms is geographical.  For example, Airbnb is very popular with North Americans.  Booking is more popular with guest from continental Europe, and Caribbean and Latin America.  Folks from the UK will often use Expedia, especially if you opt-in allowing your property to be a part of a package.  This also gives you a backup if/when you have a SNAFU with Airbnb.

You have a very nice place, and great reviews.  You may want to update the tag on a couple of pictures and possibly the total number of guests.  One is of two twin beds, and the listing says they are double beds (in the US twin = 39" x 75", double/full = 54" x 75", queen = 60" x 80").  Based upon what's listed, there are enough beds for 10 full-size people.  The other picture is the one that says coffee mess which may confuse some folks.  Mess is a term that is often used by the military, and means gathering place for socialization and meals, but the general population may interpret it as meaning untidy or something that's been left behind.  I recommend changing the tag to something like hot beverage and snack station since you're providing more than coffee.