October Round-up

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

October Round-up

NL_SE-325664_GettyImages_FORYOU.jpg

Hi everyone, 

As we are leaving October behind and autumn is in full force, these were a few of our most engaging discussions last month. 

• @Ann72 was kind enough to take us on a virtual tour around New York. 
  • In the time of COVID, we wondered which are the best amenities to offer to guests.
  • Inspired by a recent post from @Anonymous, we wanted to know what mistakes you see other hosts making when you are travelling.
  • @Laura2592 asked her fellow hosts what additions they made to their listings which turned out to be a big success. 
  • Also, @Inna22 created a useful guide on how to deal with guests who smoke. 
  • We had some fun playing an emoji game which took us around the world.
  • We asked how you celebrate different hosting milestones.
  • @Catherine-Powell, our new Global Head of Hosting, shared some significant Host Updates on new COVID-19 safety requirements and review improvements

In the last month, more than 6000 posts were created! Which ones did you find most helpful?

Thanks,

Nick

26 Replies 26
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Nick 

Since when has the earth been flat?

In New Zealand we are leaving Spring & heading into Summer!!

I believe it's always been the opposite seasons across the world as we spin on it's axis.

🗺🌞🌟🌕🌨🌥🌊 🗺 wherever we are in the world we are under the same skies with different seasons, and the earth is not flat!!!

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Not flat, just full of wonderful variations.....

We @Nick  & @Helen427 , are heading into our tropical summer, otherwise known as our wet season! Today was 2° Celsius above average temperatures, with a heatwave happening just away from the coast. Oh, we were 35° Celcius maximum, with an overnight minimum of 27° celcius! 

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Thanks @Cathie19 , it's amazing how many people still think the earth is flat & we should all have summer season , or other seasons, at exactly the same time as all other countries.

20 degrees Celsius inside in Auckland with a gentle breeze flowing through.

Well below temperatures of the 1970's & 1980's apparently.

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I can assure you both @Helen427 @Cathie19  I'm not a flat Earther; writing this based on what I see when looking outside my window, same way you are talking about summer on your replies. 

I do believe Autumn is the best season here in the UK, but as soon as it is done, I would love to be able to come join you for what's left of your summer 🙂 (one can dream) 

I know you’re not a flat earther @Nick! Lol...

Sending you positive thoughts, a warm Aussie breeze and happy thoughts for lockdown. Take up an extra hobby and I’ll “see” you through it and on the other side..... . 🌻🙌🏼🦋

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Or even before that in one of our meet-ups @Cathie19 🙂 it's been too long 

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Nick @Cathie19

This was what greeted me in Maine this morning!

IMG_2280.jpg

It's still coming down.  I hope it doesn't prevent a significant number of people from getting to the polls!

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

haha first thing that came into my mind was the election @Ann72 

so beautiful though 😍

This reminds me that I forgot to send you the fall colour photo I promised, @Ann72 . 

Yuck to that snow, and here's peak colour in my woods this year, which was mid-October:

peak colourpeak colour

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

wonderful @Lawrene0 

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Ann72 

I hope you went to vote and your candidate are wininig the race...

Meaning... Sorry.... I hope he is winning if he is the one I think is the best....  🙂

I am not going to ask you to reveal to whom you voted for ! 🙂

@J-Renato0  Thank you!  My fingers are crossed with yours - and you're right not to ask, I was brought up never to ask another person who they voted for.  🙂

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Take care @Ann72 . Looks more like winter than autumn!

@Nick @Ann72 @Cathie19 @Helen427 

Ann, thanks for the photo of Maine. Reminds me of when I was little 😁

Here are some photos of autumn in Korea. Photos were taken mid-October. 

http://www.koreatriptips.com/en/tourist-attractions/264541.html

During the few weekends I'm not able to get back home to Henry in Seoul, instead of binge-watching TV all weekend I try to go out and see places nearby. The Junam reservoir was recommended as a great day trip by a work colleague. 

20201018_160148.jpg20201018_162259.jpg20201018_173057.jpg