October Round-up

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

October Round-up

NL_SE-325664_GettyImages_FORYOU.jpg

Hi everyone, 

As we are leaving October behind and autumn is in full force, these were a few of our most engaging discussions last month. 

• @Ann72 was kind enough to take us on a virtual tour around New York. 
  • In the time of COVID, we wondered which are the best amenities to offer to guests.
  • Inspired by a recent post from @Anonymous, we wanted to know what mistakes you see other hosts making when you are travelling.
  • @Laura2592 asked her fellow hosts what additions they made to their listings which turned out to be a big success. 
  • Also, @Inna22 created a useful guide on how to deal with guests who smoke. 
  • We had some fun playing an emoji game which took us around the world.
  • We asked how you celebrate different hosting milestones.
  • @Catherine-Powell, our new Global Head of Hosting, shared some significant Host Updates on new COVID-19 safety requirements and review improvements

In the last month, more than 6000 posts were created! Which ones did you find most helpful?

Thanks,

Nick

26 Replies 26

@Jessica-and-Henry0  GORGEOUS!

Toi Toi's @Jessica-and-Henry0 ?
We have fun here in New Zealand with those, they are common in Australia to @Cathie19 

Great to sneak up on someone & tickle them

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Stunning! @Jessica-and-Henry0 

Thank you so much for this, precisely what I needed to see first thing in the morning on what it looks to be a very gloomy day here in London.

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

Where does @Ute42 post about A family in Chile has got nothing to eat appear?

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/A-family-in-Chile-has-got-nothing-to-eat/td-p/1357935

1882 views and a successful outcome for fellow hosts driven by hosts @Ute42 and @Super47  providing income, food and saving the livlihood of a family which Airbnb near on destroyed?

THAT was the most memorable and engaging post of October by far, and not even a mention here. !?

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 

Indeed, by far the most memorable post of October !

@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 @Emiel1   

The reason why my thread didn't make it into the october-round up is, that it has become irrelevant.

At the time when I published the thread, a family in Chile had nothing to eat. Meanwhile they do have something to eat. So, as per today, the threadtitle „A family in Chile has got nothing to eat“ isn't true anymore, it has turned irrelevant and I'm out of ther october-round up.

That's in full line with airbnb irrelevance guidelines and I think I'm just a jinx.

@Ute42 

At the time when I published the thread, a family in Chile had nothing to eat. Meanwhile they do have something to eat. So, as per today, the threadtitle „A family in Chile has got nothing to eat“ isn't true anymore, it has turned irrelevant and I'm out of ther october-round up.

You're neither a jinx nor is your thread irrelevant.

By the same token you could say that the emoji game is complete and therefore not relevant, but that has not been appointed that way.

You should be praised for what you did. @Super47  too! Well done both of you.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Ute42 

It was not only about "a family had nothing to eat", but it exposed the incompentence of a company not being able to perform essential tasks, including the total failing Customer Service. Thank you for bringing this to the surface !

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

Hi @Nick 

You said that there were more than 6000 posts last month ( I assume in the english CC). Do You have any insight on what percentage of posts were from hosts respectively guests?

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Ute42 

I hope you are well and had a great weekend.

Sorry I missed this on Friday. I'm afraid I don't have that information, but yes, I was referring to the English CC. It's great to see the Community active.

PS To clarify to the above conversation I saw now, the game - which is part of the round-up - concluded 3 days after this topic was written/went live on the CC. 

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

HI @Nick  and others

It is off topic... a game suggestion.

What about you start a game... the film/movie game!

One post one picture that is part of some film.

Then the following posters have to guess what the film is...   once  someone guess . then another one post another pic.

Would it work???? Just an idea!

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @J-Renato0 

I hope you are well. Splendid idea! Already wrote this down to discuss with the rest of the team. Really appreciate it 🙂