Offering Discount for Specific Dates

Farah1
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Offering Discount for Specific Dates

Hi fellow hosts!

I would love to offer discounts for specific dates to my future guests prior to receiving inquiry/reservation request. I know that sometimes Airbnb gives this option for us to increase booking, and I have done it before. However, it seems like this option is not available unless Airbnb provides this option on the right side of the calendar while editing. Is there a way to offer discounts for specific date whenever we want to without waiting for the offer from Airbnb?

6 Replies 6
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Yes Farah,  its called rule sets and works for multiple listings.

Click the link how-do-rule-sets-work

Melody101
Level 2
Goshen, IN

HELP! I clicked the link for rule sets but my panel doesn't have a rule button. How can I find this?

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Melody101  Go to your "account settings" and click "Settings" then switch on professional hosting tools.

If switched on, you can access your multicalender from the dashboard next to your list of reservations.

You make the rule sets in your multi-calender as below

Untitled3.png

@Jeff158 This is very good information. Account setting is a key to have the rule-set option appearing in the calendar.

Melody101
Level 2
Goshen, IN

@Jeff85 Thank you so much! That was the key! I had no idea about those setting options. I'm just learning so I appreciate the help!

Celeste89
Level 3
San Miguel de Cozumel, Mexico

I think I know exactly what you are wanting to do, which is to just offer a percentage discount for specific dates on one certain property, right? They don't make it easy to find, in my opinion. Go to the calendar and select your property. On the upper right side look to see if there's something that looks like a little price tag. That should say promotions when you click it. Then you click on custom promotions. Then select your start and end date on the calendar and I recommend no more then four nights in a row. Then go up to the sliding bar and slide to you get to the percentage discount you want to give. It does not work to just change the numbers in the Box you must use the slider. Then click apply. The reason I recommend only a few at a time is when you go to delete a promotion you can only delete the entire promotion with all the dates. So if you start booking up, best to have the option to delete multiple promo as desired instead of only having one real long promotion for the whole month that gets deleted. I hope that my directions don't leave anything out and this helps!