Offering a price discount

Gary-And-Debra0
Level 2
Portland, OR

Offering a price discount

I recently got a cancellation, followed by a email from Airbnb offering to help me rebook those days by putting those dates on sale.  They said they would automatically send an email to anyone who browsed my listing for those dates with a special offer of 10% off.  I don't know exactly how they did this, but my views for the following day or two went up significantly, and I had another booking within 24 hours.  Is something I can set up myself?  Of course, I can reduce prices manually, but somehow offering guests a special discount seems better from a psychological standpoint!

Thanks.

3 Replies 3
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

I have seen those Air BNB discount emails, but haven't really seen any benefit, @Gary-And-Debra0.  Just lower your calendar price and that will attract the guests to either inquire or book.  

Andrew157
Level 10
Windermere, United Kingdom

You could increase your rates by 15% and then offer a 10% discount in your listing and offer a special offer through airbnb to each booking.

Or you could just set a price you are happy to charge and not mess about 

Jonathan416
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

I am also a host trying to find out if you can send  % discount emails or whether you  can ask AirBnB who I suspect ae the only ones who can to do so.  No question in my mind they increase bookings. Absolutely worked for me far more than if I reduced prices equally. If anyone out there knows how to set them up please let us know.