Is it possible to offer additional services using Airbnb?

Answered!
Ulrike3
Level 2
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Is it possible to offer additional services using Airbnb?

Hi all,

I was wondering if it is allowed on airbnb to offer additonal services to a guest, e.g. an airport pick-up or renting a bike for a weekend - for a fee. Is it possible to charge this directly over airbnb, and how does it work in terms of insurance (e.g. the bike gets stolen)?

Many thanks!
Ulrike

1 Best Answer
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Ulrike3,

Yes you can offer extra services like a bike rental and airport pickup.  Once again though, I believe Airbnb will charge between 6-12% for the transaction.  You would request payment through the Resolution Center and their is an option for  "Request payment for extra services".

Here is a How To guide for doing this: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/General-Hosting/How-To-Guide-on-Using-the-Resolution-Center/m-p/8580...

It might be better just to collect cash for things like airport pickup and bike rental services as this would not be a violation of Airbnb's policies.

Hopefully this helps

Cheers

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Ulrike3,

Yes you can offer extra services like a bike rental and airport pickup.  Once again though, I believe Airbnb will charge between 6-12% for the transaction.  You would request payment through the Resolution Center and their is an option for  "Request payment for extra services".

Here is a How To guide for doing this: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/General-Hosting/How-To-Guide-on-Using-the-Resolution-Center/m-p/8580...

It might be better just to collect cash for things like airport pickup and bike rental services as this would not be a violation of Airbnb's policies.

Hopefully this helps

Cheers

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

I was wondering if it would be possible to group up with other airbnb hosts and a bike rental shop in my area without violating any airbnb rules. I don't want to jeopardize my standing, because I LOVE hosting through airbnb.  Do you know of the policy of contacting other hosts through the website?

I'm a photographer and I saw some photographers offer their service ..how can I listed my services

Deborah0
Level 10
California, United States

Not all hosts seem to have this, but I have as an option on the AIrbnb site, on the message thread with any accepted guest, "charge for a paid amenity"  which shows up in the top box on the message thread.  You can click on either "reply to ___ " or "charge for a paid amenity" .  This is where I can charge the guest for some service, like a horseriding lesson (I don't have a horse, but if I did) or a kayak trip (no kayak and no river, but some hosts have that) or ride from airport, or bike rental etc.  I am not sure if Airbnb charges a service fee on any amount you bill the guest that way, but if you don't have the option for that charge then the point is moot.  

For bike rentals if you want liability insurance and coverage in case bike is lost or damaged or stolen, you may want to list your bike on "the Airbnb for bikes, " eg www.spinlister.com, and then your guest can just rent your bike on that site.  Or you can have them pay you directly for the rental plus a cash security deposit in case of loss/damage.  

@Deborah I used to have the Paid Amenity option also, but it's gone now. Is yours still there?

I used to have same options earlier but now they are gone. Are these options still up for you?

Grover2
Level 1
Miami, FL

Hello everybody.  Just many of us, I would like to offer additional services to my guests that I am sure they would need it.  How can I let them know that I am able to offer these services.  How can I offer this additional services? Airport pick-up, example.