Offering guests rentals and extra services to increase income

Helene-and-Erik0
Level 2
Burlingame, CA

Offering guests rentals and extra services to increase income

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if you have considered offering rentals and extra services to your guests. On the Bahabox homepage [link hidden], I see a variety of ideas that can be quite interesting for my guests (laundry service, bike rentals, luggage storage, locally produced goods.)

Has anybody tried offering similar items or services to their guests?

Thank you!
Erik

8 Replies 8
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Helene-and-Erik0  I do luggage drop off and luggage storage for free, but on my website I list other options. We rent out our rentals to wedding parties and their guests and people do use the babysitting option more than the others. 

At Extra Cost – advance notice may be required:

•  Guest House pre-stocking
  •  Catering service
  •  Laundry service
  •  Child care service
  •  Additional maid service
Barry-and-Lera0
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

@Helene-and-Erik0: We set our price higher than most and add a good amount of extras. Coffee, fruit, snacks, blueberry muffins, eggs, beer, wine etc. We pretty much provide everything they would need to stay inside for the first two (2) days if they wish. We do luggage drop off and are currently getting ready to have bikes available (at no extra cost).

Helene-and-Erik0
Level 2
Burlingame, CA

@Letti0 

Can I see your website? Very interested.. 

@Barry-and-Lera0 

That sounds pretty good. I wonder if your guests book because of those extras, I feel like many guests ultimately still decide based on price. Anything extra is just bonus to them.

@Helene-and-Erik0: Those things I listed are not part of our listing description. They are just perks after arriving. Our reviews are what sell us....and a pool. 

I will sometimes leave home made jam, but always a 6 pack of water bottles, and some sort of snack for when the guest arrives such as chips or gourmet popcorn. Also, depending on how long the guest is staying and how much the payout will be, I will leave more. I always provide dry breakfast items, and eggs when the payout and duration of stay is sufficient. 

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Helene-and-Erik0

Just  remember that if you choose to offer bikes, or a canoe for example, then you have to provide the necesary insurance in case they have an accident due to your negligence. Say for example the brakes are not maintained on the bike - you incur the liability..

Additional services, unless you are talking about events perhaps, are a lot of work and really not going to give you a significant income lift

Peter---Karen0
Level 1
Marblehead, MA

I've been using Hostry [link hidden] and have found it to be useful. It's a beautiful box and all my guests seem to appreciate the free snacks that Hostry provides. Plus everythingn is free for hosts. I feel like I'm doing a bad job explaining it. Just check out the website and use my referral (0788) if you decide to join. 

@Helene-and-Erik0 haven't i sent you post about bahabox before? Do you work there?

Helene-and-Erik0
Level 2
Burlingame, CA

@Peter---Karen0 Thanks, I just tried to join using your referral code.