Oh no, my Superhost status is back..

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Oh no, my Superhost status is back..

Just when I was getting used to not having to be nice to you all, since I had nothing to loose, now I feel the added responsibility to behave. What a sad day this is for me. 😄

61 Replies 61
Susie5
Level 10
Boston, MA

@Fred13, I can't imagine how you weren't a superhost all this time!  your place looks fantastic and is on my wishlist.  someday we will meet in person, I hope! and you can show me that "superhost" style!  don't lose your sass, though!

Bryan10
Level 10
Feltham, United Kingdom

Welcome to the Airbnb S.H. yoyo club! I'm an on-and off superhost over about 3 years, and I have to remind myself whether I'm currently in the club or not. Life is a rollercoaster, you've just got to ride it! 

Please keep misbehaving! So much more interesting. Superhost is baloney, seven quarters on, it has been of little value to me and I have to resort to instant book to be seen. Your place is so nice you should be a super super host. I will get there one day if you have a vacancy.

Heather133
Level 10
Stowe, VT

@Fred13 Ha! Thanks for the much needed laugh today!

Lisa1031
Level 2
United States

Thanks for being you Fred

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

🙂

@Fred13 Alas. Sorry to hear it. Your days of free and easy unfetteredness are seemingly over - at least, for now. The weight of the Super Host badge is heavy - A burdensome load that will suck all the joy out of hosting from you, if you let it. But I know you won't. ;>)

I encourage you to put on Mozart's 'Requiem' and drink a lot of vodka. Can't hurt. And might even help. 

But one day has passed and I already miss fondly the 'good old rebel days'.

I'm thinking of renouncing my badge so I can slack off just a bit! No point being too nice if it doesn't help listing visibility. What is the point of it?

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Fred13......Can't be too sad or you would have kept your mouth shut!

I think it's time Bird Island experienced a rougue or two!

Now Fred I am going to let you in on a little secret....I can tell you from cold hard experience, fame is a bit*h!!! it's going to become very mundane for you to have to get up in the morning and contemplate how good you are!! You are going to seriously wish for those days of annonimity where the odd hair out of place, the odd foul word, the odd rude gesture didn't matter!

Cheers......Rob

Robin, you are so right. I went to the local market yesterday, and I could feel the stares and admiration in their faces, and the whispering "Pssst, he is a Superhost!".  Now I feel I am under a microscope.

Are you sure you didn't have some loo paper hanging out the back of your pants? That's what normally happens to me when I get stares!!! 

Rosemarie! You took the 'romance' out of the whole 'special event'. LoL

Can't have you getting a big head now can we? It is bad enough you get to live in lovely paradise while I put up with unpredictable weather here. Let me know if you ever have a job opening for an Aussie in need of sun. I would even be that person to deal with the difficult customers if you want! Hell, I would do it for free to avoid Irish winters!!!