On 12 april, the guest can give feedback but I cannot

Fabien58
Level 1
Saint-Ouen, France

On 12 april, the guest can give feedback but I cannot

Hi Everybody,

On the 9th of April, I received an email from airbnb telling me that after the 11th of April I could no longer comment on a guest. Today 12 April at 14:28 I received an email from airbnb informing me that the guest just left a comment. In this email, there is a link inviting me to submit my own comment. I clicked on this link to post my own comment. But it was impossible to leave a review.
Then at 15:47, I received an email from airbnb telling me it's too late to leave a comment.

I do not understand how the guest was able to leave a comment today April 12 at 14:28 while the email that I had received on April 9 announced a closing date for comments on April 11th.
I find that there is unequal treatment: Deryck was able to write a comment on April 12th when I did not have this possibility.

I wish:

- either this comment is deleted because sent out of time,
- be able to make my own comment.
Have you ever experienced that kind of situation?

4 Replies 4
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Fabien58.

Fabien, you are trying to post a comment using Google Translate and the meaning is not coming to us as you would want. You post is not readable.

Can you just post your comment in French and we will be able to help you.

Fabien, vous essayez de poster un commentaire en utilisant Google Translate et la signification ne nous parvient pas comme vous le souhaitez. Vous postez n'est pas lisible.

Pouvez-vous juste poster votre commentaire en français et nous serons en mesure de vous aider. 

Je pense que ce que vous essayez de dire, c'est que votre temps pour écrire une critique est passé, mais votre invité a quand même pu quitter l'un d'entre vous ... Est-ce exact? Fabien.

Cheers......Rob

Willow3
Level 10
Coupeville, WA

Is it possible that the guest was in a time zone that was still the 11th? For example, as I type this, it is still the 12th in Seattle, Washington - but it's the 13th in France.  

The comment was notified to me at 14 :28 on 12th. I think the guest was in the time zone of California. So it was akready 12th also in California. As Sarah suggested, if there is a small lag, there is possibility to write some feedback where the other person won't be able to leave feedback too.

I think that guest played with that to give negative feedback ( and IMHO unjustified).

That was a pretty demanding and not very kind person.

These things happen. Very rarely fortunately!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

The airbnb system somethimes had lags- for instance, I often get booking inquiry notifications at 3 in the morning, when in fact the guest made that Inquiry 6 hours before, from my same time zone.

It's possible that the guest wrote the review on the 11th and it took til the 12th for it to be published. 

While I don't usually get to it for a week or so after the guest has checked out, I try not to wait til the last minute to review a guest- I might be busy or forget.