On my calendar, what does the tea cup mean on my 'blocked' days?

Betty124
Level 5
Westminster, CO

On my calendar, what does the tea cup mean on my 'blocked' days?

Greetings, fellow hosts! I just learned what the colors on my calendar mean,  but I still don't know what the pictures mean.  Any directions on where to find the meaning of the teacup? the thing that looks sorta like a teapot?

Thanks!

Betty

12 Replies 12
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Betty124 

Have you clicked on it ?

Maybe i means as the day are blocked anyway, you have time to have a cup of tea on those days !

or visit https://www.bettys.co.uk :>)

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Perhaps hosts that provide complimentary tea? The one of the water pipe also throws me for a loop.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

It seems to appear on the days we have blocked automatically through the availability settings, for cleaning time between bookings or advance notice for bookings. I guess airbnb thinks we spend that time sitting around drinking tea rather than madly cleaning, doing the laundry and answering Inquiries and Requests, not to mention the full-time job some of us have in addition to hosting.

It's really the height of bad programming to put symbols on a map or calendar without any key to tell you what those symbols are supposed to mean.

I've never seen a water pipe on mine, yet, @Fred13. You must be really special 🙂

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

I have never seen ANY of these symbols on my calendar. HMPH! Not happy about it. I like tea! (Not sure if I want the water-pipes, however. Who knows what's in them?)

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Click on it, @Betty124, and take a screenshot and post here. Never seen it.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

The current symbols were done for Airbnb in 2014 and the bulk of them refer to amenities which hosts will offer. It is probable that when you blocked days @Betty124 you made a note to yourself regarding those blocked days (which you are prompted to do when you create a blocked day) and this could be the system telling you there is a specific reason behind your actions. In @Fred13's case it may be that he blocked a period of time for plumbing or building maintenance.

Cheers.....Rob 

Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

coffee cup?coffee cup?Here it is, it is "preparation time", as I block the day before / after a booking, for cleaning. @Betty124@Marzena4

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Roberta2, Yeah that is one of the current Airbnb symbols as per.....

Airbnb symbols.png

and it is there because you have elected to have a preparation time between bookings. But it is only the host who will see these symbols on their own listing pages. Other hosts may not see these symbols because they have set different hosting preferences. There are currently fourteen pages of symbols used by Airbnb. There is a current list of definitions which I will post if anyone requires but, I warn you it is a lengthy list.

There is only one you really want to avoid.......and that is this one!!

images.png

Cheers.........Rob!

Ah ha!

THERE they are!!

Thank you!

I'm going to copy this and save it somewhere!

Betty

Oh my!

Nope, I've never seen that one....

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

In my case, the water pipe (I think it is) must signify those days Thurman (local fishing extraordinaire) takes out my guests. One time, he casually rolls a joint subconciously right in front of the guests (older mother 68 and 30-year old daughters); I am horrified, and as I am trying to get his attention, the mother asks him: "Say, you got another one of those?". 

He is nowadays the highlight for my guests, they have so much fun with him laughing, fishing, snorkeling, going after lobsters & big crabs, and 'whatever'. The last 10 reviews are as much about Thurman than about Bird Island. Go figure.

Betty124
Level 5
Westminster, CO

What's the one on the top left?   I have that one on my calendar too.

Thank you, Rob!

Betty

P.S.  I guess my nerdy self really wants the full list, if you don't mind!