On reservation

On reservation

I have booked a rental but that is not huddled in my account. I made the booking through the account of the house owner, and I received an email from airbnb@rental-long-term.info. Then 

going through the webpage showing the rent, I booked the reservation. I transferred the money 

to a bank account sent to me, through the same email. Is this correct? My email is [personal information hidden]

M

11 Replies 11
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

According to Airbnb rules, you should have made the reservation using your OWN account, @Mohammad-Reza0. Read about third party bookings:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/427/can-i-book-on-behalf-of-a-friend-or-family-member

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Mohammad-Reza0

Once you wire money to a bank account, it's not going to end well.

Read the thread below for more information about this scam technique, 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Rental-scam-using-Airbnb-How-should-I-go-forward-if-at-all/...

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Mohammad-Reza0

You have most likely been victim to a fraud.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Mohammad-Reza0

Mohammad do not respond to requests unless you are sure they are from a secure source. There is a major scam at the moment which we are aware of but powerless to do anything about. 

A general Google search of Airbnb properties will in some instances result in a pop-up suggesting that this transaction will be handled by Airbnb and a deposit of XXXX will need to be sent to a stated airbnb email account for the booking to be confirmed.

Always check the address in the search bar at the head of the listing page! If it is a genuine Airbnb site it will start with a small green padlock with the words, either 'Secure'  or 'Airbnb, Inc [US]' as per this screenshot.

Genuine listing.png

If it is a fake site it will start with this listing address....

Fake Listing.png

Never send money to any address you cannot establish as being genuine and if you need help on how to establish that please follow this link....

https://www.airbnb.com.au/help/contact_us#/

Mohammad, I hope you haven't been caught here and if I can help you further, let me know.

Cheers....Rob

Actually I have sent. I can not suspend it now?

@Mohammad-Reza0

Perhaps if you contact the bank they can stop the wire transfer.  That is your only hope. It is also a fraud and a matter for the police.

airbnb.rental-long-term.com/1/invoice/56/show-s1yv1thr/.... [link removed for safety reasons]

It it is on the above link

is it correct?

Is there any contact in Airbnb that I can send this link to them. If it is a real link!

@Mohammad-Reza0

It's not a real link that is the problem.

It's nothing to do with airbnb other than the criminal you are dealing with sending you a fake site that copies the airbnb look to try to add authenticity.

Which website did you find the property on originally?

If you read some of the posts on the link I sent earlier it may help you to understand.

You should get in contact with your bank urgently in the first instance and your local law enforcement.

@Mohammad-Reza0...I am sorry to tell you Mohammad that is not a genuine reservation. Although the listing itself is a genuine listing it has been redirected to another site.

I have just put your reservation code through my Airbnb access tools, as my present status level with Airbnb gives me more access to client details and your reservation code is not a genuine code or receipt! It is not in the Airbnb system, that reservation code shows as 'Error' in a red field!

Please report the payment details to your bank and try to get payment stopped and contact police and either use this link.....

https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us  to be refered to and Airbnb agent via support or phone Airbnb in your country.

I have screenshot the invoice in case it disappears before action can be taken on it.

Fake invoice!.png

Mohammad I am so sorry that you have been caught by this and as a follow on from my previous post to you, always check the status of the page you are looking at by the address line of the listing!

This is what a fake Airbnb address will look like....Fake 3.png

I will now make a report on this but it will be up to you to follow this up with Airbnb Mohammad.

Cheers.....Rob

Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

Sorry for you, @Mohammad-Reza0. The domain name from the website you used, is longterm-rental dot com. I spell it differently, as I do not want to create a link to them. 

Everyone can buy this domain or thousends of variants of that. Nobody could keep a fraudster from buying it. 

And after creating this longterm... domain, they add airbnb as a subdomain. It’s intentionally, as Robin says, to create the fraud. 

Only the domain owner can decide what and if to use subdomains. It’s not possible to keep it from happening. When it’s used for a fraud and using the airbnb brand, they can try to do something against it, but if it’s registered in a country with loose laws, it’s impossible to do that quickly. 

As said, you transferred money to someone, who has nothing to do with airbnb and probably nothing with the original listing. Those people just copy pictures or whole listings. Contact your bank immediately. If you paid by card, you have some hope, if you transferred it, not so much.