Once pre-approved, can guests still book my place anytime on the day of check-in?

Suy62
Level 2
Kemah, TX

Once pre-approved, can guests still book my place anytime on the day of check-in?

My setting was set so that guests have to book my place at least one day ahead of their arrival. This gives me time to clean up since my family sometimes stays there.  So if they inquired on a booking few days ago and I pre-approved it few days ago, does that mean that they can wait until the day of check-in to accept the booking?  Can they still accept the booking, say few hours before check-in or even after check-in time?  I don't want to be there when they show up or move out of the house and find out that there's no booking.  Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Suy62  An inquiry expires after 24 hours. I shouldn't think that this guest would be able to book at this point. Have you looked at your hosting pages to see what this inquiry says next to it? It should say "Not possible", since the guest didn't book it within 24 hours. If it doesn't, I'd contact Airbnb to make sure he can't still book.

Have you tried messaging the guest to find out what his intentions are? That's where I'd start. 

It's more common than not to never hear back from Inquiries. They may have sent out inquiries to 10 different hosts.

Suy62
Level 2
Kemah, TX

Your are correct, it expires in 24 hrs.  Let say it's Thursday night and I received an inquiry for Friday night stay.  If I pre-approve his booking, does that mean that the guest can book it anytime on Friday since he is still within the 24-hr time frame?

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Suy62,

Yes, the guest will have 24 hours to book the reservation, because your pre-approval is essentially saying that your space will be ready for their arrival.  The guest must still adhere to your check-in policy, and cannot arrive before or after the listed check-in time period.

Suy62
Level 2
Kemah, TX

Thanks Debra300!