One Star Revenge Reviews by guests

One Star Revenge Reviews by guests

We are proud Super Hosts with Airbnb since 2012.  We had a situation with a guest that didn't even stay at our listing, she canceled right when she checked in for some fake reasons, asked airbnb to move her to a last minute upgraded location at the same cost.  On top of that requested a full refund, so she wanted a free lodging. She refused all types of resolutions and requested a full refund, but we could onlu offer the refund that comes with her reservation policy. So she left a 1 star review all across every category, and told us she would only remove it if we issue a full refund. Now we are stuck with a 1 start vindictive review that airbnb refuses to remove, and used by the "guest" to blackmail us. We take pride of our 5 star reviews all across the board and Super Host status, so this one star review doesn't represent our listing nor the guest experiece. I feel your pain, and Airbnb needs to do something about it to prevent revenge unfair reviews

2 Replies 2

@Alexander1029  The host who reviewed that guest after you said in the review that those guests threw a party without permission. So you might have actually dodged a bullet there.

If you have it on record in Airbnb messenger that the guest offered to remove the review in exchange for a refund, you can report this as a violation of the extortion policy. Hopefully this results in the review being removed, although it might take some persistence to get there. Honestly this guest should be outright banned, between the blackmail and the party.

Hello Andrew, I agree and yes I saw that. I explaned it to Airbnb and they refused to take it in consideration, which is obsurd to me. I also have it in writing the guest offering to remove her review if I give her a full refund, saying this is the only way. When I asked her if Airbnb ofered an alternative stay at the same cost, plus the partial refund, she never responded. It is quite disappointing