One Time Discount

Farah1
Level 10
Seattle, WA

One Time Discount

I have some dates still available for this month. Airbnb sent me an email suggesting for me to offer a discount to boost booking for these dates. The email says that I can do a one time discount. However, when I click on it (it directs me to my calendar), I do not see any options to do that. I know that we can set a custom week/month discount, but I do not see it for a particular date? For example, I do not see an option for offering 10% disc for 4/23-27 only. I was wondering if there is something I do not know about this and any tips will be appreciated!

Also, I can custom disc for the week of the 23rd, however, I already have a confirmed reservation for 28-the end of the month. If I offer disc for the dates that are still open for the week of the 23rd, will the guests with the confirmed reservation get the discount too? Will it deduct my payout?

Thanks!

9 Replies 9
Svein1
Level 1
New York, NY

I have the exact same question. Strange they would send out this email without letting us know how to set the discount.

Just look on your caledar and click on the dates you want to change.  Therewill be a box on the right which will let you enter the new amout....then scroll down and hit "Save Changes".....that is very important.

Farah's talking about something different: AirBnb is testing a targeted-discount feature which bypasses the standard price-adjustment tool. Hosts receive an email suggesting that they enable a one-time 10% discount on specific dates; the email contains a button which *should* take the host to a special menu option:

For some reason, the feature isn't working smoothly; many hosts (including myself) receive the email, click the button, but are not able to access the necessary menu option, leading to "am I doing something wrong?" syndrome.

It's still possible to add the one-time discount manually using the traditional menu tools, so it's not a huge problem, but it is very confusing. I thought that I was (wait for it) doing something wrong...until I came to the forum and saw that it's a glitch affecting lots of hosts. Hopefully it will be resolved soon!

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Farah1

the same happend to me, button leads to calendar only...

and today I got the same email but when I clicked on it 40 min later it says: sorry this offer is not available any more

Klaus27
Level 1
Prague, Czech Republic

same here 😞

it would be a great feature, that potential guests get a message offering a discount - would surely be more attractive than just changing the price in the ordinary way...

why is airbnb sending out these emails without testing before??

Bella16
Level 2
Gold Coast, Australia

Does Airbnb have to offer the one time offer or can we choose this option? Cganging the prices on the calendar is ok but would not have the same impact as a notification to people looking in the area that there is a one time offer

Don129
Level 1
Pattaya, Thailand

I received such email this morning and the same happened to me. I hit the link and it took me to the calendar page in “Airbnb app” on my iPad. Then I remembered the app was always acting wierd and buggy. So I thought I’d try deleting the app and hit the link again and since the app was gone this time it took me to the calendar page on “Chrome” and....it just WORKED! I was presented by that big beautiful red button I was hoping for.

I know this might not be the best solution but at least I didn’t miss the opportunity to send out that one time discount to potentially guests. I’m not planning to install the app back though since there’re issues in quite a number of areas. Until they those issues have been addressed, I think I’m gonna stick with the website for now..

Thanks, I didn't have to delete app, but I used PC to do the same thing, and it worked! 

CondosInSosua0
Level 2
Sosúa, Dominican Republic

Glad to learn I am not an idiot, sorry to hear this function is just mythology so far. It would be a good idea.

Not only did I not get taken to anywhere useful, I got a page saying AirBnB did not recognise my device. Well you have amnesia - I have been using this PC for two and a half years, and this Internet connection for six months. So I'm wondering why you suddenly don't recognise me??