One guest booked, two come

Matz0
Level 1
Surry Hills, Australia

One guest booked, two come

I have the situation that a guest made a booking for a single person but clearly talks about coming with their partner. What am I meant to do?

Thanks for your help!

Matz

4 Replies 4
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Ask them to change their booking to two persons or send them a request to change their booking.  As it stands now, it is a contract for one person only.  Also ask for full name of second person.  It is very easy to make this mistake when booking.

David-and-Fiona0
Level 10
Panglao, Philippines

I get this all the time. Just ammend the booking.

How do you amend the booking? this person said 'one person' when they booked but talked about 'we'. When I asked them to clarify today so that we would know how many beds to make up, she said 'nine people - two couples and five kids'. We have space for this (just) but charge extra after the first four people (it says this on our page) -- but obviously airbnb haven't charged for that.

Luis3920
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

I had this last week, 1 young idiot booked, and then the girlfrind appeared, He aslked lots of stupid questions, about tv, towels, shampoo, etc. but never ever mentioned the girlfriend was coming, was all planned, I let them stay, of course, no extra was offered. Airbnb will not help, they only help guests, now I got another, first booked, my linsting is clearly for one, and specified that is also for Covid reason that I accept only one, He booked and then said is coming with the wife, I called airbnb but they will apply $50 fine if I cancell him, The guest so far do not want to cancel, nor replies to messages,  and the cancellation is flexible, very stressful.