One more catigory of Clients who are very thankful for my super Strict Rules of Accommodation

Olga464
Level 10
Kyiv, Ukraine

One more catigory of Clients who are very thankful for my super Strict Rules of Accommodation

As some of you, guys, know, I've been into long term rent for international police and embassy workers for a very long time.
I have apartments in one of the Oldest Guest Houses in Europe, about 150 y.o. (Kiev, Ukraine, Eastern Europe, the very center of the capital).
And, as I'm trained by international  police workers as customers, my ad is one of the most detailed and strict in the world. 11 pages of rules just for renting sofa (1 room in one of the apartments, where I also live).
I'm selling around 28 nights a months, a lot of customers make reservations during the second half of the day, so my room is like an emergency service for them, when they get rejected by other owners, or have very late night flights.
You can see my ad on airbnb site here:

A lot of you made fun of me ( and not only you, but my neighbours and owners of other properties in this house as well), that it's impossible to get a customer with such strict rules. But later with the practice I discovered that many catigories of clients are actually using my rules to their advantage.

Once I got a booking request from the very strict father comming from the very strict middle east country, who was affraid to let his daughter go to Europe as single tourist. His daughter looked like instagram model. She found my apartment, showed the number of rules to the father. Father booked her stay and was  especially happy for the rule: "The additional guests from the Lessee are forbidden". That looked like a garantee to him, that his daughter will not be dating boys on my territory.  Needless to say, the girl had her own plans outside of the house during the night.

But, I just recently discovered another catigory of clients, who also  vote for "No additional guest" rules.

I had a young women as a client. The foreign office booked her stay. But later she said that the guy, who booked her stay for her is much much older and she doesn't know how to get rid of his extra attention.

And, as  ADDITIONAL GUESTS  from the side of the Lessee are forbidden, it "saved her life".

So, if you want your stay to be paid by your potential wooer, but you don't wanna sleep with him, book the room in my apartment.

-------

If you wanna know how we keep guests disciplined in our Apartments, you can also read this thread:
https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Who-were-your-wrong-clients-attracted-by-quot-the-smart-...

------

Here is also my post about

HOW TO RENT A ROOM IN YOUR APARTMENT TO YOUR BOYFRIEND VIA AIRBNB AND IMPROVE YOUR PRIVATE LIFE:
https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/THE-STORY-OF-HOW-TO-RENT-A-ROOM-IN-YOUR-APARTMENT-TO-YOU...

------

And the post:
“Saving your Young Daughter’s V irgi nity Over Her Weekend Trip” as a strong marketing positioning of the Apartment in rent:
https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Saving-your-Young-Daughter-s-Virginity-Over-Her-Weekend-...

21 Replies 21
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Olga464  where were you for so long? We missed your refreshing posts  🙂

Joking aside, if I would hire someone to take care over my property and my tenants I would choose you 🙂

@Branka-and-Silvia0  I'm affraid all of my posts are getting banned.

@Olga464 

Really ?  Why? What did admins say?

nothing. they simply don't publish my posts

Wow @Olga464  , cold war ha? 

Some of my comments were deleted in the past, but every time admins contacted me and said it is because they think my humor is not appropriate 🙂

@Branka-and-Silvia0  my posts are also double checked. whatever makes them happy....

@Branka-and-Silvia0   Well I, for one, think your humour is highly appropriate. 

Julie143
Level 10
Princeton, NJ

I was having the same problem with my post disappearing with a message that said they were spam. They were not. 

Logging out and signing back in seemed to fix the issue.

So far this post is still here.

PS: why would you allow someone to pay for your hotel or Airbnb if you didn’t want to sleep with them? 

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Olga464 

You may tickle some people's humours, but there is a serious problem with some of your posts.

In the current case, the booking by the 'strict father' for his daughter, likewise the 'potential Wooer' on behalf of the woman, sadly reflects your apparent ignorance of Airbnb Rules contra 3rd Party Bookings. 

Per chance this booking was made via one of your other platforms, then it's basically irrelevant to Airbnb.

3rd P.B. is very common as most of us know: many Hosts take such bookings, and Airbnb are content to accept it so long as Host accept all liability. In short, it's a gray area. 

But the problem here is that you don't even seem aware of the Rule.

@Alon1  not at all. They  order it as corporate business trips. I spoke to the helpdesk few times. They told me everything is smooth. 

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Olga464 

Really?

'Once I got a booking request from the very strict father comming from the very strict middle east country, who was affraid to let his daughter go to Europe as single tourist.'

When were 'tourists' classified as Business trippers by Airbnb?

@Alon1 The moderators in russian help desk told me as the owners of the property we do not see businesstrip purpose in orders from clients, but once the client points out from his side in a menu that it's a businesstrip for third party as a colleague, it's acceptable. But the owner still has a choice to decline it. I asked them if airbnb can visualize in a menu all business trips, so, we could see the order is made from the corporate account. If client books with business purpose for the colleague, the person who books is not allowed to leave the review as he/she was not present physically in the house. You can ask englishspeaking desk. They may review my chats with russian helpdesk and explain to you how it works. For example, the secretary of the company is booking for the entire office, but she's not allowed to leave the review.

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Olga464 

I know perfectly well how it works.

But please don't tell me that a father booking for his 'tourist' daughter is classified as Business Trip.

No English speaking CS has ever told me that, nor do I expect they ever will.

@Alon1  they now work with corporate clients and the problem is that the owners do not see that it's a corporate order. We see corporate and private orders as the same. Each time i get third party booking, i open a ticket to get approval from moderator that it's a businesstrip. And save the history of chat with moderator. In case if person burns out my house I would have a proof that was a businesstrip from airnb. I wrote them some advices on how I would like it to be seen in a menu in particular. Probably in the future it will be easier for serving corporate orders. I am on instant booking in the very center of the capital, and if person needs a place to stay, all i have to do is to get a proof from moderator that it's a businesstrip.