One positive sentance

Melodie-And-John0
Level 10
Munnsville, NY

One positive sentance

1_srwrdgLdf4-lzTlvrBVU_g.jpeg

Ok everyone, there is much to be sad, unhappy and mad about, this thread is not about that.  This is one sentence about something you saw or happened that was positive today.  Who knows, if it catches on, it could surpass the negative effects of other things that I wont mention without a shot or bailout, Good luck, heres my first contribution to the thread-

We are just coming out of winter grip on the first day of spring and this morning I heard frogs peeping down on our pond! 

86 Replies 86

Awesome news @Kath9 , I'm sure he is happy to not be traveling at this moment!  There's no place like home! Stay well, JR

Wonderful news! 

My neighbour is still trying to do the same with her youngest. His flight keeps cancelling.

@Melodie-And-John0 

I will need at least 2 sentences. 

(1) I got to sleep in cause it's Saturday and woke up to beautiful sunny weather with flowers starting to bloom and all of my family and friends are safe and healthy. AND (2) I just had the most heavenly cup of coffee and there are fresh strawberries in the fridge waiting to be eaten. 

@Jessica-and-Henry0 , sometimes its the little things that make the biggest differences in our lives, enjoy those strawberries and stay safe and well, John

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Melodie-And-John0  Sorry, nothing particularly positive happened to me today. Perhaps tomorrow I will have something to report.

However, yesterday I did receive this message from a guest who is planning on cancelling (sorry, breaking your one sentence rule again), which restored my faith in humanity somewhat. Finally, someone who can see that the impact on others might be greater than the impact on themselves!

"

"
Hi Huma,

Sorry for the late response.
Of course I understand! Tomorrow I will cancel my reservation. I Wouldn't want you to lose your status as a Superhost (especially not for a year).  I understand that you have to follow the Airbnb rules. Also, I understand that it is a super hard time for everybody who's depends  (partially) on tourism for their income in these uncertain days. I really appreciate the offer of a possible refund in the case you might be able to rent the room (but I would also understand if you can't)  I will check with my school and also try to organize a possible refund with Airbnb.

Keep safe and all the best to you!!

Kind regards,

J

(ps. hope to meet you and stay at your house somewhere in the future! You, your house and your cat seemed so so lovely, and I'm truly disappointed I won't be able to go)
"

@Huma0 , that certainly fits the wide scope of positives even if a cancellation isnt much of a plus.  Maybe a change in the weather for the better will blow your way.  Stay well, John

@Melodie-And-John0 

Yes, cancellations are never great, but it was nice to hear from a guest who sees it from the other side.

Lost income aside, I am genuinely disappointed not to host this guest. She sounds so lovely and I am sure would have filled my home with daily positive experiences.

I made you laugh? Lol.. x

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Melodie-And-John0   Okay here I go with the one sentence challenge.

Even though I stoically insisted to my daughter (who lives 500 miles away)  I was fine with self isolation and didn't need anything,  she contacted a friend in my area who showed up with groceries and a lovely bunch of orange gerber daisies.

I did it!! Do I get a prize :D?

@Linda108  Well done! And what a sweet daughter you have.

I must be the best mother ever...right?  LOL  Thank you

@Linda108 , what @Sarah977 said!  You are actually the first person to follow the silly single sentence rule, you are the winner of many sunny days to come and better booking times soon, stay healthy!  John 

If you are a person that enjoys Japanese haiku poetry, trying to fit meaning into a structure is a challenge.  😄

I live in the desert, so sunny days are a given, but staying healthy is not as predictable now days, so I will take the prize.  Yea for me!!

Well played!

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Linda108 Yes you did get a prize Linda......... the day your daughter was born!

Like a fine wine, sometimes prizes need time to be truly appreciated.

Stay safe Linda.

Cheers.......Rob