One tactic to get your room booked even you have many competative

Sittikorn0
Level 3
Pattaya City, Thailand

One tactic to get your room booked even you have many competative

Guys this topic will probably be one of the story you never heard before.

But im sure this will change your way of hosting to be super better.

Well the tactic i used to get many booking even in my area have many many competitor ,(My room is in pattaya. In this area, theres many many room availble for book but customer still choose me) , is set the price more expensive than the competitor.

Well since im not only hosting the room but also a selling expert. (Im a top seller in the company) I will tell you the basic thing of how setting the price. 

That is the more expensive the hosting fee is the more better quality room in the customer eye. And cheap hosting fee usually mean low quality room in the customer eyes.

I mean even your room really good but the moment you set the price cheap or set the price like other people in market. Your room will look the same like others. Not special in the customer eye.

So try to set the price more expensive  than your competitor, in exchange you just deliver the high hosting quality service. Setting expensive price will give you more profit and will make you have more energy to do high quality hosting thing. Its win-win situation.

You get more profit, the customer get the nice room and good hosting service. Thats all. Thanks for reading

Gulf (sittikorn chanasumon) - hosting expert.

22 Replies 22
Bernie-Dee0
Level 4
Anchorage, AK

I like this idea- it definitely is not consistent with what Airbnb sends me with Smart pricing!

I will try it- I find guests don’t appreciate that they are getting an amazing room at a fabulous price. Some do- I’ve had many guests (usually other hosts) tell me to raise my price 

@Bernie-Dee0Hello and I looked at your listing..................wow..............are you serious??? RAISE your prices. 2 people stay at your lovely place for $15 - ignore the suggested prices and kick it up - if it were me I'd start at 25-30 and go up for the 2nd person....5 or 10 more $$ . Your photos are not consistent with your prices and that would make some folks not book.  Just my thoughts. Plus your place is lovely NOT CHEAP and 10 says CHEAP all day long.  Just boost it up and see what happens. 

We have motels around our area and they are for those doing bad behaviors and less than desireable activities and my husband reminds me that our prices are less then those places. SO that keeps me from lowering my prices.  People seem to be more respectful when they pay alittle more and treat the place with the same respect.  Keep me posted. 

I decided I would let my place stay empty before I lose monies on CHEAP - I think some host forget it does cost for people to be there - lights, heat, air, water!!! 

All the best and happy hosting

Yup. Thats the correct way to do it. Make your place cheap mean you get low profit and thats make you have low energy to do nice hosting service.

By the way, thanks for the comment.

Thanks for your kind words!

I have been discouraged with Airbnb this year, constantly giving me feedback to keep my prices down. Budapest has incredibly high bureaucratic standards, taxes, plus my overhead. I keep my place to my own standards which are based on years of travel...

Then I get the inexperienced guests who don’t appreciate what they are getting. I have seriously wondered if it is worth it. Fortunately most guests are great, but I am running a business.

I am raising my prices today!

Believe me, you gonna like this. Raise your price will make your hosting service get better to the next level because you get happy with the profit you want. Thats why you have more energy to service your guest.

The next thing that gonna happen is you will get nice customer, high quality customer and they are easy to host, less trouble. You gonna happy with this. 

Im use this tactic and get nice profit and nice customer. So the same thing gonna happen to you.

By the way, thanks for nice comment.

When I first started with my Airbnb (last year) I was worried and about the pricing and several times followed Airbnb's suggestion of lowering.

Than, a very nice lady from Canada told me if I lower my prices, I also attract the kind of people that I can't care less.  THAT IS SO TRUE! 

So, I do my thing, I make the stay of my guests more pleasant by adding adding a little something here and there (as in a small gift), and the quality of people that I have booking my place has improved tremendously!

Thanks for nice comment

Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Sittikorn0 This is definitely a good way to earn more in less time.You may not be aware that when you rent your place at a higher price than your competitors you are actually increasing your chances to get longer stays simply because while the cheaper Airbnb's are fighting for 1 or 2 nights stay they make their property unavailable to guests who are looking for longer stays.Practice your tactic but also change your pricing according to demand.Good luck and happy hosting!!!

Sure. Thanks for nice suggestion
Amy38
Level 10
Nashville, TN

This is completely true!  My last months stats on Abnb tell me I am 23% more expensive than my neighbors, but, in a dead month, booked 13% more.  I charge $20-40 a night more than really nice places within a block of me and am rarely booked less.  

And if I charge 40% more than competitors  and am booked 10% less, I still make more money with less work.

There is no reason a nice rental should cost way less than a cheap hotel, especially during high seasons. 

Amy38
Level 10
Nashville, TN

@Sittikorn0  The next way to earn is to raise your cleaning fee.

Sittikorn0
Level 3
Pattaya City, Thailand

Wow i never try that before. All i do is raise my hosting fee more more expensive than my competitor. Im gonna try that.

Thanks for the nice suggestion.

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Bernie-Dee0 hello.....well, looks like you raised some of the prices, good for you. BUT the one listing is still 10 and only 15 for 2 people................your cleaning fee is 10. Those pics to me are the best ones and the price just doesn't fit them. Just try raising the price and also the cleaning fee. I mean you can't get a coffee and toast here for 10. And your time for cleaning must be worth more than that as well. Atleast $15.

Just my take on it.  I am convinced that slightly higher prices bring more respectful people almost always.

All the best and happy hosting, Clara 

I’ve been thinking about this since the conversation started. One host made a remark that “luck” had brought her superhost status...

I’ve been a super host since I started with hosting in Alaska in 2015. I didn’t set out to be- I followed the Golden Rule. 

I started using Airbnb as a guest in 2012. I learned from my hosts- what I loved-the sense of being part of the culture, learning the city, making new friends, not feeling alone, and what I didn’t love- dirty rooms, uncomfortable beds, getting lost, misleading listings. I still use Airbnb when I travel and I don’t always stay with super hosts. I like to stay with new homes. I also travel cheap so I get a mixed bag. 

Anyway. Luck has nothing to do with it. If we are super hosts it is because we work at it. This I have come to appreciate! Our home is clean, we are there for our guests, we go the extra mile. 

I am at the point after being a host in two countries and hosting over 300 individuals on 188 trips that I give myself permission to say how about a Super Guest status? Let’s recognize our amazing guests and start rating accurately the not so amazing ones.

Being a host definitely has made me a better guest. Just like being a guest makes me a better and more patient host.

I really appreciate the feedback on price. It is pertinent. Smart pricing at least here in Budapest puts tremendous pressure on us to keep our prices low ( 10 a night is what Airbnb recommends right now for my flat).

For this price I got guests who want to use my kitchen, washer and take over my apartment. These were inexperienced Airbnb guests with no reviews. I quit taking them, but it was stressful and there was a lot of back and forth with Airbnb, rewriting my House rules, etc. 

So- we will see what happens.