Ongoing Resevations requests for blocked dates

Gus32
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Ongoing Resevations requests for blocked dates

Hi All

This must be a world wide issue......

During peak seasons I set minimum booking requirements to 7 nights Saturday-Saturday. ie 16th -23rd February. Despite this I keep getting short stay resevation requests that include some of these dates, ie 14th-17th February. 

Really annoying since I have to decline the request. Wastes my time, the travellers time and creates a really negative experience for everyone.

Have reported this to the Helpdesk and via feedback, at least 4 times. Point blank refusal to resolve this. Clearly this is a simple software issue that should easily be fixed. Instead I am offered incredibly complcated "workarounds".

Anyone know how to put presure on the IT team to fix this error?

4 Replies 4
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Gus32 Do the reservations begin before your 7-night minimum starts, or is the entire request within the 7-day mimimum period? I run into this issue at the beginning of the season at my cottage, because I only rent Saturday to Saturday in July and August, but people could book just the long weekend at the beginning of the summer if they started their reservation before my 7-day minimum. The only way I can around it is by blocking the night before my 7-day minimum starts. It seems absolutely ridiculous to me that this is the case. I have also spoken with Airbnb about it, and they have made it clear that they don't want to know.

Chris232
Level 10
Petersfield, United Kingdom

@Gus32@Alexandra316

I have used the "Rule Set" facility so that guests are only able to check-in and checkout on certain dates.

This has proved useful when I only wanted certain dates booked as one block ie Easter.

Go To;

Calendar > Availability Setting > Check-in and Checkout >

Specify days of the week when guests can’t check in
Specify days of the week when guests can’t check out

Chris

@Chris232There are problems with that too though, because then your calendar shows as blocked. I used to use that, but I don't like it. Also, it doesn't help if you're willing to accept a longer reservation, i.e. the person may be willing to check in earlier, on Thursday rather than Friday. 

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Gus32

Hi - guests (as you have found out) can still send you an enquiry re dates - some hosts like this because it helps them fill in-between days. Unfortunatly there is no way around this and I can't see AirBnB putting such as rule in place as it would hit their revenue