Online Airbnb Experiences: Suggestions For Airbnb From A Guest

Daniel-Rusteen0
Level 10
California, United States

Online Airbnb Experiences: Suggestions For Airbnb From A Guest

I just took 5 online Experiences. I've also taken numerous in-person Experiences and here are my thoughts. Share your thoughts in the comments.

First and most importantly, make it easier to filter for negative reviews. Your platform encourages 5-star or no reviews. So the few brave souls who’ve given a negative review, I want to know why. That information will help me judge their criticism if it would also be true for me. Your goal is to match the right guest with the right Experience. Help us do that.

Airbnb, if you are reading this, I think you should consider adding some educational classes. I had this idea a few years ago. Think re-education for adults. Everything you “learned” in school, have forgotten, but is of interest to you as an adult. Geography, world history, politics, language, sciences, etc.

I’m sure your hosts don’t love going over 30 minutes every class, but it also would be awkward to cut off the session early if a viewer has a question. To combat this, I suggest adding a 5-minute countdown timer when the Experience is over which automatically ends the Experience.

It would be cool to see what country all the participants are from. This would be something Zoom would have to implement, I think.

5 Replies 5
Charles224
Level 10
Clare, Australia

@Daniel-Rusteen0 , I find your bragging 'interesting', and your ideas on 're-education' may be appropriate for some; however others (with historical, linguistic, science & political awareness) are wary of such terms.

What do you mean my 'bragging'?

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Daniel-Rusteen0  "Airbnb Employee #700, Airbnb Guest of 1,200+ Nights, Author of "Optimize YOUR Bnb". That's what he means by bragging, I believe. No other posters here feel the need to list their accomplishments at the end of their posts to somehow legitimize what they have to say.

Ah, yes, I understand! It's my signature. This was just added to the community center not long ago. Thanks for the clarification 🙂

Brandi111
Level 1
Aurora, IL

I appreciate knowing what experience someone has when considering their advice. If AirBNB offers the space to do it then it can't be some unacceptable practice.
The word re-education does have a bad connotation from its use by fascist regimes, but the great majority of actual adults aren't threatened with the offer of a refresher course. I'm an artist but art class offerings don't make me wary or insult me with their existence. I just don't need most of them.