Open Houses for Veterans - VC Homeaway Program

Valerie242
Level 2
Homestead, FL

Open Houses for Veterans - VC Homeaway Program

Hello, welcome to Veteran Connection, Inc. This organization is currently working to have a platform developed on Airbnb for willing hosts to assist in a global movement to helping reduce homelessness, starting with our veterans.  The willing donors would be offered a tax write-off for their in-kind donation of a empty home. There are also other incentives for supporting this important and worthy cause.  The veterans would of course be screened for suitability and eligibility by the organization(s).
It would be this organizations initiative and we would offer the opportunity to other wonderful nonprofits to opt in as well as we assist our heroes across this nation. 

Unfortunately, there are 22 veterans who die on a daily basis by committing suicide, many just need the love and attention of others, who genuinely and actively care.  We as a country need to be more proactive in our care for these heroes and not just say "Thanks For Your Service".
And more sadly, an estimated 50,000 sleep on our mean and unsafe streets on any given night by the country they swore to protect and serve....

It takes all of us, and we can make a difference in the lives of our heroes and their families with small acts of kindness.

On behalf on the veterans of our country, we thank you for your time and kindness.

I am a Airbnb host and traveler. I am seeking advice, collaboration and assistance from others to make this program a success!!

Valerie

Valerie **
CEO/Founder
Veteran Connection, Inc.

1 Reply 1
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I would wait until you have everything sorted out with AirBnb and then promote whatever they put together to the wider comminity.

David