** Organised Crime Targeting Berlin

Ray286
Level 2
Nashville, TN

** Organised Crime Targeting Berlin

During the last 30 days I have received three separate bookings from fully verified profiles with zero reviews. The method of operation for the theft organization is to make a reservation under the fake, verified account, then send hosts a request to view the property in advance of the check in date. If these messages are ignored then the reservations are canceled prior to check in. Otherwise they use the opportunity to case the property for valuable items to be stolen and then steal them.

I have reported each of these profiles and incidences to Airbnb. But the response I got from Airbnb indicated that they are not taking this seriously. They said that they would do nothing to remove the fake verified profiles from their platform. So hosts, be on the lookout! Because Airbnb definitely does not have our backs on this one.

due to this criminal attempt I have changed my cancellation policy to strict in order to stop them from making fake bookings at my properties. I have also changed the booking requirements to require that a guest have received a recommendation from another Airbnb host before they are able to book with us. These two steps should work to protect you against this particular he criminal organization. But Airbnb did not make those recommendations to me. They seemed to assume that I was lying about the fake profiles.

**[Title updated in line with Community Center Guidelines]

1 Reply 1
Ricardo85
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Ray286 

"I have also changed the booking requirements to require that a guest have received a recommendation from another Airbnb host before they are able to book with us."

It is only available if IB is on, right?

Ricardo

Se você achou esta resposta útil não deixe de dar um "Like".

Meu Perfil.

Coloque "@Ricardo". Assim eu recebo uma notificação.