Orlando Hosting

Magic0
Level 1
Miami Beach, Florida, United States

Orlando Hosting

I am trying to figure out if I can host airbnb at my place in Orlando but can't seem to figure out zoning rules. All I see is my condo is located in zone 0400 which is alloted to residential condo but no info if I can do short term rental or not. Anyone knows how to figure this out?

Thanks!
-Magic

18 Replies 18

Legally-if you are zoned for it, you must now get permission from your landlord or the HOA of the condo.  You must also pay to apply for a business license, then pay for a business license.  Then you must register with the Department of Revenue to pay the sales tax on every room, there's a tourist tax, and the tangible personal property tax (Tangible Personal Property Tax is an ad valorem tax assessed against the furniture, fixtures and equipment located in businesses and rental property).  I THINK those are all the taxes.  You'll now notice that you make pennies in profit.  Is it still worth it?  Well, that's the idea.  Florida really does not allow short-term rentals because of Disney and the hotels lobbying.  Keep in mind that if you just rented a room with a lease, you would NOT need a business license or be considered a hotel and responsible for those type of taxes.  It's an unfair burden.  

Good evening not sure if you can answer my question but there is an Airbnb in my neighborhood and my concern is all the different people different passing through. I'm assuming I could contact code enforcement not sure today was specifically a problem because of young people hanging out sort of suspicious I hate to even think that way but you just never know who the strangers are as a host is there a way that you identify who you are renting to do you get addresses driver's license?

Hello. Airbnb gets all of their info and drivers license.  Also they are rated. So, if they are a bad guest somewhere.. you would know that by their rating , and don't have to rent to them. 

Ann273
Level 1
Orlando, FL

Did you manage to find the answer because Im also trying to find this information but no luck.

City of Orlando has very restrictive zoning ordinaces when it comes to short term rentals. Unless the zoning is R3 transient residential the property wont be legally compliant for shor term rentals. Less than 4% is currently zoned R3 transient residential and this is a great opportunity for investors who intend to make serious income.  Feel free to reach to me as I'm a Licensed Florida Realtor specializing in identifying high yield income producing properties.

Cheers,

Victor

Hi Victor,

Thanks, you are very informative. I am in the proccess of trying to find a property to purchase as close to Disney as possible to convert into a Airbnb. What if buy a property outside of Orange County? What about Kissimmee and other nearby areas?

Thanks,

Vivian

Victor, sorry for my basic English. I am Brazilian and would like to know if in Miami we also have to follow Zona R3? If so, can you tell me which places I can buy for rent on Airbnb? Are you looking for a house / apartment in Miami, with cheap price to buy in Zona R3?
Thank you,
Braga

Hey would you please contact me my number is *sensitive information hidden*. thank you! 

If a HOA is involved it might be as simple as giving them a ring or shooting them an email. Both the City and the HOA has to permit short term rentals. 

-Victor

How can I contact you Victor?

hi victor, im looking fot properties in Orlando, i already have a condo but im having problem with a guy who live in the condo. 

Hello Victor, I live in Orlando and want to start looking for properties for AirBnB. How can I reach you?

Hi Victor - I would like to ask you some information on your analytics services and your expertise in the Orlando airBnB market. Can you please send me a message? Thanks!

Any luck locating these analytics or Victor? I’m trying to do the same