2017: Month of Celebration

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

2017: Month of Celebration

A month of

Hello everyone,

December is generally a really busy month for all of us and this is why sometimes it is nice to take a moment out of each day to have a little relax, a bit of quiet time to read something positive and upbeat. 🙂

As we count the days down towards the end of 2017, here in the Community Center we are having a month of celebration. Each day a different community member will share either a useful tip, a positive experience or great story, perhaps even a nice thought or a thank you, as we lead up to the end of the year. It is a fantastic community effort as we all can get involved, both as someone who shares something and/or supporting them through your comments and thumbs up.

A huge thank you to everyone who has dedicated their time to share something and get involved, it is really fantastic to see and I hope everyone enjoys it.

Enjoy! 🙂

To read all of the topics that have been shared so far, see below: 

Day 2: A Great Search in Morocco by Lizzie
Day 6: Hold on to your Guests by Helga
Day 11: Fear of flying by Lizzie
Day 12: I wish... by @Quincy
Day 15: Digg the architect by Helga
Day 16: Celebrating our birthdays by Lizzie
Day 21: Is this art? by Helga
Day 29: My first Airbnb experience by @Kimberly136 (Greenville, SC) 

If you would like to share something, this is fantastic to hear we still have a few days to fill, take a look here at the overview for the month and select your day. 

Thanks,
Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

24 Replies 24
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Lois-and-Darryl0@Kimberly136@Andrew157@Marie405@Kimberly54@Susie5@Sue-and-John0@Amira13@Joanne-Flynn0@John1095

@Marzena4@Linda108@Branka-and-Silvia0@Steve143@David126@Jeff158@Cynthia-and-Chris1@Edwin57@Oomesh-Kumarsingh0@Willow3@Alice-and-Jeff0@Kelly149@Lisa658@Helen3@Lawrene0@Fred13@Helga0@Marit-Anne0@Gerry-And-Rashid0@Andrea9@Clare0@Farah1@Cormac0@Jessica-and-Henry0@Huma0@Robin4@Ange2@Huaai0@Hilary-And-Ed0@Karen-and-Brian0@Lilian20@J-Renato0@Amy38@Tim-and-Holly0@Jeet0@Blagoje0@Robin129@Allison116@Βασίλης-and-Ann0@Edwin57@Ria16@Nutth0,

I thought you might like to see what your fellow community members are sharing each day as part of our month of celebration As I will be updating this every day, it should be an easy way to find everything. 🙂 Already Helga, Kelly and Robin, have shared some fantastic topics, so please do take a look, I am sure they would love to hear your thoughts. 

Enjoy!

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Lizzie thanks!

My head came up with a blank when you first suggested this December action, but with my latest guest this weekend I do have a nice story!

Is there a date till free this week or next (not tomorrow, though)?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Andrea9,

Lovely to hear for you, happy December! 🙂

This is wonderful, here is the latest overview of the calendar, to pick a day which is handy for you. 

I am really looking forward to hearing about your story from last weekend.

Thanks so much,

Lizize

--------------------

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Lizzie

then I'll take the next free date coming on the 14th 🙂

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks so much @Andrea9, this is amazing. I will update the calendar. 🙂

--------------------

@Lizzie Unfortunately I won't be hosting anymore. I guess a lot of people in my area do so illegally, but I was trying to do things by the book and get the necessary licenses and pay taxes etc. However, in my area, Walnut Creek, CA, the requirements for a conditional use permit are impossible to meet.  I enjoyed hosting and also this forum.  

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I have enjoyed all the topics I have read so far! Always waiting with curiousity for the next ones! 🙂

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw this is super to hear @J-Renato0. I know what you mean about being curious about the next topics being shared. Alice has just posted our Day 5, so do take a look. 🙂 

I wonder what tomorrow will bring....

--------------------

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

Just to let you know, Helga has shared a great story today for Day 6! Be sure to take a look. 🙂

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Lizzie

--------------------

Lizzie, maybe these stories (blogs) could be posted in your Newsletter. They're fascinating! Or maybe start a new magazine.  I just came across a recent one, but I want to read the earlier ones...  I've read many articulate postings in your discussions by many  talented Airbnb hosts from all over the world. Who'll take advantage of this abundant wealth of human stories? 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I can't agree with you more @Welcome0. They are fantastic. 🙂

--------------------

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello again @Lois-and-Darryl0@Kimberly136@Andrew157@Marie405@Kimberly54@Susie5@Sue-and-John0@Amira13@Joanne-Flynn0@John1095

@Marzena4@Linda108@Branka-and-Silvia0@Steve143@David126@Jeff158@Cynthia-and-Chris1@Edwin57@Oomesh-Kumarsingh0@Willow3@Alice-and-Jeff0@Kelly149@Lisa658@Helen3@Lawrene0@Fred13@Helga0@Marit-Anne0@Gerry-And-Rashid0@Andrea9@Clare0@Farah1@Cormac0@Jessica-and-Henry0@Huma0@Robin4@Ange2@Huaai0@Hilary-And-Ed0@Karen-and-Brian0@Lilian20@J-Renato0@Amy38@Tim-and-Holly0@Jeet0@Blagoje0@Robin129@Allison116@Βασίλης-and-Ann0@Edwin57@Ria16@Nutth0,

Since I last mentioned you here, a few more days have gone by and so I just wanted to highlight that some great story have been shared. I have updated the days in my original post above. Please do take a read when you have a moment, I can recommend making yourself a nice drink (in my case a cup of tea) and giving yourself a bit of a 10 minute break! 🙂

Thanks again to everyone who has been contributing, it is amazing.

Lizzie

--------------------

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Yes, nice, funny and interesting stories have been posted! 🙂 It was a great idea this sequence of topics!!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw, I am so glad to hear that @J-Renato0. It is a nice way to end the year I think. 🙂

--------------------