2017: Month of Celebration

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

2017: Month of Celebration

A month of

Hello everyone,

December is generally a really busy month for all of us and this is why sometimes it is nice to take a moment out of each day to have a little relax, a bit of quiet time to read something positive and upbeat. 🙂

As we count the days down towards the end of 2017, here in the Community Center we are having a month of celebration. Each day a different community member will share either a useful tip, a positive experience or great story, perhaps even a nice thought or a thank you, as we lead up to the end of the year. It is a fantastic community effort as we all can get involved, both as someone who shares something and/or supporting them through your comments and thumbs up.

A huge thank you to everyone who has dedicated their time to share something and get involved, it is really fantastic to see and I hope everyone enjoys it.

Enjoy! 🙂

To read all of the topics that have been shared so far, see below: 

Day 2: A Great Search in Morocco by Lizzie
Day 6: Hold on to your Guests by Helga
Day 11: Fear of flying by Lizzie
Day 12: I wish... by @Quincy
Day 15: Digg the architect by Helga
Day 16: Celebrating our birthdays by Lizzie
Day 21: Is this art? by Helga
Day 29: My first Airbnb experience by @Kimberly136 (Greenville, SC) 

If you would like to share something, this is fantastic to hear we still have a few days to fill, take a look here at the overview for the month and select your day. 

Thanks,
Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

24 Replies 24

What a wonderful idea! I’m afraid I do not have a topic to share right now, but I love this initiative and I will look out for the next time the community that something like this. I would love to be involved!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Sara494

A warm welcome to you here in the Community Center. It is wonderful to hear you excitement around our 'Month of Celebration'. We are really enjoying it and personally I look forward to reading the next one!

If you haven't got a hosting story to share, but you would still like to get involve, not problem! It just has to be something positive; so it could be a handy tip, a positive experience, perhaps a nice quote or even a thank you. It is really flexible. It would be great to have you involved and we have a few spaces we still need to fill, so if you would like to, please let me know. Here is the overview of the calendar, if you want to see which days we have available. It's completely up to you 🙂 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

Missing story for day 15: Days cannot post any longer , not on the phone, not on the computer and when I try to send it privately to @Lizzie or @@Quincy, the message does not pass. There is maybe a lenght limit or I’m thrown out of the CC? I could send it by mail, if an administrator gives me a mail address to send it to. 

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Helga0

It is just an idea.

If by any chance, the post is very long, you could try to send it divided into parts.

Try sending firstly some small extract.

Or.... Maybe, the community it was under maintenance when you tried to send it. Try it later.

@J-Renato0, thank you. I tried: I cannot post a new theead, even a very short one, but I coukd post chhnks here. Like a story in sequels and no pictures. If there is no replacement story yet for day 15, I will do that. 

Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

Day 15: Digg up the architect

Over a decade ago, we rented our French seaside home to families with kids during the summer. The rest of the year guests were people coming for business or for treatment in the nearby thermal bath.
The town of Sète was founded in 1671, to serve as a port at one end of the Canal du Midi, a channel to connect the Mediterranean with the Atlantic. Creating the channel between 1666 and 1681 was the biggest construction work of the 17 century. It leads over 241 km to Toulouse, so fret could go by the river Garonne from Bordeaux to Toulouse, then by channel to the Mediterranean coast or go North by the Rhone river to Lyon and further. Nowadays it’s riverboats full of tourists, who enjoy the quiet pace of the waterway shaded by plane trees.
As the town was built within a very short period, many buildings are constructed in the same way. They have only a small front to the street, but stretch very long. The ground floors were used as warehouses for the port activity, the higher floors for living. The walls are in stone, nearly four feet thick in our building, and windows are set deep, to protect from the heat. The construction in the 17 century attracted many Italian workers, who settled there, enriching the language, culinary arts and the lifestyle.

Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

Sorry for the long text without line breaks. On the phone , **bleep** disappear. At leadt the text got through...

Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

So, line  - break is s a swear word? Tomorrow the forum may be invaded by 20 version of my story. My profile, showing no activity with all my desperate efforts, starts showing them now. Not yet the hosting forum though. Renato, you must be right about maintenance. @Lizzie, @Quincy please delete them, if multiples appear. 

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Helga0

Maybe you can post tomorrow.

So, tomorrow there will be 2 topics, one for the Day 15 (your new topic) and for the Day 16.

I believe it will be fine! Lets see what Lizzie say! 🙂

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @J-Renato0 and @Helga0

I have good news I was able to find your story as I have just explained to you Helga in your other post here. I am sorry about this, your story is now free for everyone to enjoy and I have added it to the overview above so José and other CC members can now take a read. 🙂

Thanks so so so much for all your time and effort you went to here. 

I hope everyone enjoys reading it.

Lizzie

--------------------