Our Personal Information revealed in a guest's review of us

Yangtzee-And-Indra0
Level 1
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Our Personal Information revealed in a guest's review of us

Hi,

A guest, whom we hosted recently, wrote a nice review but all of our personal information like where our kids study, what work we have, everything is revealed in his review. I would like to delete his review as soon as possible. I would like to know how to proceeed. I feel uncomfortable that all of our personal info is exposed to public.

4 Replies 4
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

I had google translate your last review...very bad translation but I see what you are talking about.  You can ask Airbnb to edit the review or take it down completely.  It is so long I don't think anyone is going to read it anyway...certainly not people for whom this is not their first language.  You have so many reviews it will soon drop down to the bottom.  

@Yangtzee-And-Indra0    As you can see in the link below, this review is not in accordance with airbnb guidelines so will be deleted if you ask it to be.    https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/546/content-policy?topic=253     Reviews

Genuine reviews are the cornerstone of our community. We prohibit:

• Reviews that do not represent users’ personal experience.
  • Reviews unrelated to the actual reservation (ex: political, religious, or social commentary).
  • Content that endorses or promotes illegal or harmful activity or violence, or is profane, vulgar, obscene, defamatory, threatening, or discriminatory.
  • Content that violates another person or entity’s rights, including intellectual property rights and privacy rights (ex: publishing another person’s full name, address or other identifying information without permission).
  • Content that is proven to be used as extortion.
  • Content that refers to an Airbnb investigation.
Evelyn0
Level 10
Arkport, NY

Contact Airbnb and they will delete the review

Deborah0
Level 10
California, United States

@Yangtzee-And-Indra0

As others have indicated, this is definitely not allowed and you and any host who experiences this should contact Airbnb as soon as possible and have the review either removed, or have the personal info edited out.  I'm sorry you had this happen, I am sure it was unnerving!  poor judgement on the part of the guest, most definitely!