Out of state investor in Kissimmee, Orlando Florida

Manan24
Level 2
Jersey City, NJ

Out of state investor in Kissimmee, Orlando Florida

Hello to the AirBNB owners in Orlando, Kissimee Florida area

We are out of state investors looking to buy investment property (ies) in Kissimmee, Florida, but we are not local, and although I have experience in hosting via AirBNB, I don't have much experience in hosting out of state property.

1. What % of the fee range do they charge on the top line (gross revenue)? I have heard anywhere between 10%-14% - is that normal?
  2. Is the cleaning typically separate on top of the % fee?
  3. Any good, bad experience or tips about the property management companies that we should be mindful about?
  4. Any bad capital expenditure item tip?

Appreciate your help!

7 Replies 7
Archie32
Level 2
Heathrow, FL

**[Advertisement removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

Please feel free to contact me at ** and I can help you decide what is the best way to proceed.

**[Sensitive information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

Miguel1621
Level 2
Raleigh, NC

Hi @Manan24 . I found Kissimmee/Orlando pretty good for out of state investors.

1. Property managers quoted me 10-20% to mange the property. Some wanted a fixed fee on top of that. If you have experience hosting, skip them altogether. The big dependency is cleaning services, but not impossible to solve.

2. Yes, cleaning fee is separate. Make sure you charge a high fee, and pay it in full to your cleaning crew. Many of my neighbors rent their villas, charge $100 for cleaning fee, only pay half or less to their cleaning crew. They have disastrous reviews for cleaning... no wonder! We charge $150 for cleaning fee and pay the whole sum. We get amazing cleaning, amazing reviews!

Last tip: make sure you buy a property zoned for short term rentals. Message me if you need help. Good luck! 

Hi @Miguel1621 , Thanks for the details. I am also thinking of leaving a property for short term rental near orlando. Can you please share some of your insight. 

Hi @Santosh18 , do you have specific questions I can help answer?

we bought our property in July, rented it 20+ days a month since then. So far it has been a great investment with decent monthly profit.

Feel free to reach out:**

**[E-mail address & phone number hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to share any personal details publicly. You can message each other privately instead. 

Hello. We recently bought a place in Orlando.  It is rented 5-6 days a month only.  Do you post it on other sites as well? 

Hello,

Please text me and I can guide you with some important information if you are thinking of Kissimmee , I’m hosting in this area and also learning a lot with a coach about how to manage properties in  Airbnb .

kind regards .

Mernela